• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding someone to a booking

disneyange

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I hope someone can answer a question about adding a child to a booking. I booked a 4-night for May about 6 weeks ago for myself, DH and DD. We now have decided to take our niece with us. She is 10. We are booked in a Cat 4 room so space is no problem. My question is can we add her to the sailing party? If so, what additional charges and/or penalties are we likely to encounter?

Thanks,
Ang

You should have no problem booking your niece into the cruise as long as there are sufficient beds in the room

We did the same thing with our niece.

You should only have to pay the cruise fare for her, whatever you paid for your daughter probably. At least that is how it worked out for us.

We were not charged any penalties at all.

Have fun

...from what I've read on the boards, even if there is room in your cabin they may not allow a child to be added on because the clubs may be filled to capacity. Add her as soon as possible, you can always cancel prior to 60 days out.

You need to book here ASAP. You will pay whatever the rate is for her age, no penalties or anything. If the tickets have already been issued (a late add on), you will pay a small "re-ticketing" fee. This used to be $25, but I was told is now $35. In any event, May is far enough away that you will not incur any penalties, etc.

However, the sooner she is added, the safer it is for all of you in terms of having room in the programming, etc.

We added a teenager at 60 days out. I was told that is when I needed to add her by, that may have been to avoid penalites. You will have to pay the deposit when you add her or full fare if it is at the 60 day mark. But she may be cheaper than your daughter, I thought the first 3 were full charge and then they were cheaper? Maybe it is the first 2 are full charge, don't remember. Call DCL if you booked thru them or your TA.

The first 2 people in a cabin are full fare regardless of age. After that, it is based on the age of the third and fourth person. 13 and over pay adult rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter