Adding person to the plan after FD offer has ended

bookgirl

DIS Veteran
Have any of you added a person to a preexisting reservation of Free Dining after the offer is over? Mom is thinking of tagging along on my planned solo trip in late October.

1. We would not be exceeding the number of adults allowed in one room, so the price of that won't change.

2. I know I'd have to pay for her ticket in full when I added her on since I'll have already paid off or be about to pay off my reservation.

3. Plan B is to buy her a stand alone ticket and just add her to the room on arrival and we'll just share the credits I have then we'll pay OOP for the rest of our meals/snacks. I know that with recent changes in the policy on adjusting Reservations this may be the only option.

Just interested if anyone has done this recently.

Have any of you added a person to a preexisting reservation of Free Dining after the offer is over? Mom is thinking of tagging along on my planned solo trip in late October.

1. We would not be exceeding the number of adults allowed in one room, so the price of that won't change.

2. I know I'd have to pay for her ticket in full when I added her on since I'll have already paid off or be about to pay off my reservation.

3. Plan B is to buy her a stand alone ticket and just add her to the room on arrival and we'll just share the credits I have then we'll pay OOP for the rest of our meals/snacks. I know that with recent changes in the policy on adjusting Reservations this may be the only option.

Just interested if anyone has done this recently.

Yes, I have. As a matter of fact, I will have to do again this year. As long as your party modifications don't exceed occupancy limits, you are fine.

Good luck and have fun with mom :)

Yes, I have. As a matter of fact, I will have to do again this year. As long as your party modifications don't exceed occupancy limits, you are fine.

Good luck and have fun with mom :)

Thanks she usually comes along but had other plans this year but as it approaches she totally has gotten a case of the Disney Fever.

We did this a few years ago when DS was able to come with us. Don't forget you will have to change your ADR's to include another person.

We did this a few years ago when DS was able to come with us. Don't forget you will have to change your ADR's to include another person.

Right now I only have one ADR and one Party night. I don't think I'll have any problem with the ADR or any others (I tend to do lower demand meals) and I'll know about a month before my check in date and if I can still get a party ticket then I'll add her on but she's not a late night person so she won't care about missing out on MNSSHP.

You can even change rooms/resorts if there is availability. We were booked Coronado Springs on free dining, party of three. My brother, his wife and their daughter decided they wanted to join us. CRO was able to switch us to a two bedroom at OKW and keep the free dining (for a higher package price of course).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter