Adding park hopper to package?

Luv2Diz

We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!
I booked POR under the 4/3 deal several months ago. I took just the basic MYW tickets without the hopper option. We have always done hopper in the past but didn't add it this time....so far, but I am rethinking that. If we do decide to add hoppers, can we easily do that at check-in (even if we have already done online checkin?)

Thanks!

You can upgrade/add to your tickets at any time during your vacation. You don't need to do it at check-in if you don't want to. In fact, they may not want you to ... they may ask you to finish check-in and then get in the Lobby Concierge desk line.

You can also do it at any of the theme parks, the water parks, Downtown Disney and the Transportation & Ticket Center. Again, it can be done at any time during your trip ... you don't need to do it before or at the very start. It will cost EXACTLY the same no matter when you do it.

I would wait until I was actually using a Park Hopper to add it, unless I saw a really short line at some other point in my trip.

I was thinking about this as well. I'm only going for 3 days. I will spend all day, the first day at MK (extended evening hours), and all day the second at Epcot (I will stay for Illuminations). That leaves me with 2 more parks (DHS and AK) that close early, for the third day. I would most likely wanna skip back over to Epcot on this third day. Can I order Park Hopper just for this day? or should I just pick the morning park and then add it when I get there? Sounds like the latter will be the most error free way.

I was thinking about this as well. I'm only going for 3 days. I will spend all day, the first day at MK (extended evening hours), and all day the second at Epcot (I will stay for Illuminations). That leaves me with 2 more parks (DHS and AK) that close early, for the third day. I would most likely wanna skip back over to Epcot on this third day. Can I order Park Hopper just for this day? or should I just pick the morning park and then add it when I get there? Sounds like the latter will be the most error free way.

It's going to cost 52 plus tax per ticket no matter when you do it. Make sure you are going to hop prior to adding since it will cost a lot for just one day like you are planning.

Ahh, thanks for that. I wasn't aware that, that is how it worked. I will need to re-think things I guess.

(sorry if I hijacked the thread)

Ahh, thanks for that. I wasn't aware that, that is how it worked. I will need to re-think things I guess.

(sorry if I hijacked the thread)

You're welcome. Yes, it is quite costly especially for only one day.

I have a strange question about park hopping... if you don't go with the park hopper option and choose to go to two parks on the same day do they just use another day's ticket? I am planning our next trip and plan on getting 7 day tickets, but was looking at the price difference to make our tickets 8 or 9days for the one or two days we might want to park hop. It is alot less money to add a day or two to a 7 day ticket than to add the hopper option.

... if you don't go with the park hopper option and choose to go to two parks on the same day do they just use another day's ticket? ... plan on getting 7 day tickets, but was looking at the price difference ... for the one or two days we might want to park hop. It is alot less money to add a day or two to a 7 day ticket than to add the hopper option.

This part does not work.

If you try to use the same ticket card without the hopping option at a second park that day, the turnstile will not admit you.

You can, however, go over to a ticket booth and add the hopping feature, and come back to the turnstiles and go into the park.

Nothing wrong with holding off on adding hopping until you arrive at the second park. This way if you never tried to park hop you would not have invested the money ($55. per ticket card regardless of when) and have it possibly go to waste.

I have a strange question about park hopping... if you don't go with the park hopper option and choose to go to two parks on the same day do they just use another day's ticket? I am planning our next trip and plan on getting 7 day tickets, but was looking at the price difference to make our tickets 8 or 9days for the one or two days we might want to park hop. It is alot less money to add a day or two to a 7 day ticket than to add the hopper option.

Disney has thought of this.

Attempts to use a non-park hopper ticket at a second park on the same day.. will cause "Crossover not permitted' or something to display to the CM at the gate ..

Who will then inform you that your choices are to return to a ticket window and add the hopping option or return to the park you started the day with.

Knox

Thanks for the replies! I kind of guessed that would be the case, if it did work people would stop getting the park hopper option. We always have gotten the park hoppers but I am on the fence about them for this next trip. I'm thinking that to save money we might not get it this next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter