Adding Paid DDP for 1 day stay prior to start of Fee Dining?

MBELSANTI

Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!
I just realized that since I am coming down a day prior to start of Free Dining (8/25), that I will no longer have 7 days of free dining, but rather 6. That will leave me with paying OOP for the day of arrival (noonish) and day of departure on day 8. Is there any way to add the dining for the first day and pay for it?:confused3 I'm telling you I am driving myself crazy with all of this!!:headache:

I am not sure but i would gress that you will need to make two reservations. Please have them note that you have both so that you will not need to change room assignments. Then you will have to get the one day pass 9or more) with the second reservation. HOpe that this works for you. Enjoy

You should be able to do it, however I dont think it would be worth it. You would have to get a 1 day pass for everyone in your party for the one day. Personally I would book a room only and pay OOP for my meals and the do the free dining on the second part of your package. This is what we did last year when free dining came out. There is a good chance that it wont happen, but be prepared that you might have to switch rooms. Last year we stayed in the same room we had the other package for. However a few years ago we had to switch rooms after the first package ended and the second started.

Actually you can't book the DDP for just one night. You will have to get a room only reservation for your first night and then have a second reservation for the rest of your trip in order to get the free dining.

We are also going 8/25 - 9/1 (7 nights.) We realize we will need to book 2 reservations, one room only for the 1st night (hopefully w/ a AAA or better discount), and one for 6 nights with the dining plan. We would like to have park tickets for all 8 days. Will there be a problem with buying 8 day tickets with the 6 night reservation and activating them a day ahead of time on the 25th?

any help is great,

thanks,

paul

We are also going 8/25 - 9/1 (7 nights.) We realize we will need to book 2 reservations, one room only for the 1st night (hopefully w/ a AAA or better discount), and one for 6 nights with the dining plan. We would like to have park tickets for all 8 days. Will there be a problem with buying 8 day tickets with the 6 night reservation and activating them a day ahead of time on the 25th?

any help is great,

thanks,

paul

Actually the CM told me that my park tickets wouldn't be valid for the 25th. The MYW package is only going to be on 8/26-9/01 portion which was fine with me as we are not arriving until noonish on the 25th and I had planned to do DTD that day anyway.

I hope that's not the case, but I was afraid of that. We will certainly ask on Monday. I'll let you know how we make out.....

Paul

We booked POFQ today w/ free dinning and did have to make 2 reservations (1 night) and six nights. We cannot use a park tickets until Sunday the 8/26, the first day of our 6 night reservation. On the plus side, we can pick up and use the tickets starting Sunday morning at 7:00.

Paul

We booked POFQ today w/ free dinning and did have to make 2 reservations (1 night) and six nights. We cannot use a park tickets until Sunday the 8/26, the first day of our 6 night reservation. On the plus side, we can pick up and use the tickets starting Sunday morning at 7:00.

Paul

HI Paul,

Thanks, that is good to know that you can go get them early on the 26th. Did they say that you had to go to hotel guest services to pick them up? Also did they tell you that you would need to check out and check back in? They told me I would have to do that for my stay. I am wondering if that all can be done early in the morning so that we can hit the parks?:confused3

Marie,

We were told that we would have to check in again on Sunday the 26th, and that they would make "every attempt" to keep us in the same rooms, but could not guarantee it. We do have to go to the hotel desk to get the tickets (after 7:00 am) but we didn't confirm that they would/could check us back in at that time. I hope so, but we will have to ask on the next call.

Paul

HI Paul,

I also think it would be a good idea to send a fax directly to the resort about 3 days or so prior to check in to specifically request this. I remember doing this several years back when I wanted to request a certain building in the complex. You would need to send it to your resort's fax #. That is what I am planning on doing, because I dont really want to have to move to another room after 1 night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter