Adding onto 5-Day Park Hopper Tickets?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Is there any way to add onto 5 day park hoppers? We will be staying on property for 7 days and I don't understand why Disney doesn't sell longer passes. I understand that there are only 2 parks but California is a long way for our family and if we are paying for airfare-I want to stay and experience the parks! To purchase a 1 day ticket for our family of 4 adds $400!! It just doesn't make sense to me that Disneyland doesn't encourage visitors to stay past the 5 days.....

They use to sell 7 day park hoppers and no longer do that. 5 days is the max then you have to start back over with a new ticket. Total bummer as we would go for 7 if they still offered it.

Same thing happened to us this year and there's just no way around it.
We decided to go again within a year and do so during off peak times so a Deluxe AP actually save us aobut $500 when spread out over two trips and extra days in the parks.

Honestly, 5 days is plenty of time. Use the other two days to relax, maybe visit the beach, visit hollywood etc.

We used to get 7 day hoppers (from Canada), and we miss the extra 2 days. A few "slow" days in the parks are incredible, so now we do 5 + 1, and an extra day at the DLH/DTD.

We used to get 7 day hoppers (from Canada), and we miss the extra 2 days. A few "slow" days in the parks are incredible, so now we do 5 + 1, and an extra day at the DLH/DTD.

When is the last time you added an extra day?

We added 2 extra days on during our trip last April. It was the 5 day pass + a 2 day pass. It was added cost but we did not regret it at all. We could have gotten a AP but we would not have been able to make use of it so we went the 2 day route.

I fondly remeber the 7 day passes we used to be able to get here in Canada.

We added 2 extra days on during our trip last April. It was the 5 day pass + a 2 day pass. It was added cost but we did not regret it at all. We could have gotten a AP but we would not have been able to make use of it so we went the 2 day route.

I fondly remeber the 7 day passes we used to be able to get here in Canada.

I think the PP was talking about being able to add 2 days to a 5 day ticket as opposed to purchasing a separate 2 day pass.

We are also going for 7 days and I looked into the Deluxe AP option but was disappointed to learn that if you are there on a block out day you have to purchase a regular priced 1 day hopper ticket. They no longer offer discounted block out day tickets. Doesn't even make this option worth our while because we will be there for a block out day, which adds around $150 for a one day hopper ticket. Hopefully 6 and 7 day hoppers will eventually return!

We are also going for 7 days and I looked into the Deluxe AP option but was disappointed to learn that if you are there on a block out day you have to purchase a regular priced 1 day hopper ticket. They no longer offer discounted block out day tickets. Doesn't even make this option worth our while because we will be there for a block out day, which adds around $150 for a one day hopper ticket. Hopefully 6 and 7 day hoppers will eventually return!

If you can schedule your visit so that your blockout day is one of your first 5 days then you can buy 5 day hoppers and upgrade to the Deluxe after the 5th day.

You can buy a non-hopper for the blockout day, it saves a little. Or like PP said, if the blockout day falls during the first 5 days, just buy a PH and upgrade after the blockout. A 5 day PH plus a 2 day 1 park per day ticket is about $50 cheaper than a Deluxe AP. You could designate 2 days as 1 park days, you don't have to use all 5 days on the PH first. Just insert the non hopping days in the middle, or use those on arrival and departure day.

I think the PP was talking about being able to add 2 days to a 5 day ticket as opposed to purchasing a separate 2 day pass.

I realize that, I was just relaying how we did it since you can not just add on days any more.

I agree 5 days is not enough for us when we are travelling such a distance. One year we had a seven day hopper and added in an eighth day ( or part day) by buying Halloween party tickets... I fervently wish we could get those seven day ones again.. Perhaps you could explore booking your trip around an event that is a separate ticket as a way to add on....Not sure what other ones there are?

There is never "plenty of time" for me. In april we were there for 9 days. 5 in the parks, 1 at knotts and 1 at universal. Extra 2 days were to break up the trip and have down time. Those days we ended up in DTD cause we couldn't stay away. Even with all of that we missed out on a lot of stuff. Going back in October and am doing 5 days + Halloween party in the parks.

I've seen the info that you can upgrade your tickets to an AP by paying the difference on fansites, but I can't find any mention of that on the official website. I need to call them to verify it.

We're already planning on buying an AP when we go in November, but we're going to be there for 8 days. We're also planning on going again in April, so the AP is definitely the way to go for us. I'm considering buying 5 day passes to start the trip though, so we can get a early entry day in before converting to AP.

Assuming we were only doing 7 days though, and no trip next year I'd probably not get the Deluxe Annual Pass. I'd go with a 5 day hopper pass for $315 and a 2 day single park pass for $185 for a total of $500 (and it's just $471 for the kids under age 10). The 10% off dining and shopping is nice, but for my family of 5 I'd have to spend an additional $303 to get the AP. In order to make up for that, I'd have to spend $3030 in food and merchandise to make up for the difference in cost.

Edit: Actually, I forget about the 10-20% off you can get at a hotel (depending on where you're staying) by having an AP. Depending on the discount you can get from that, that might make the AP worth it for 7 days.

I've seen the info that you can upgrade your tickets to an AP by paying the difference on fansites, but I can't find any mention of that on the official website.

It's in the terms and conditions:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/annual-passes/terms-conditions/

UPGRADES: A Guest wishing to upgrade to a Passport from another form of eligible Theme Park admission media must upgrade on the same day in which the original form of Theme Park admission media is valid. A Guest who chooses to upgrade to a Passport from another form of eligible Theme Park admission media must choose a Passport of equal or greater value than the original Theme Park admission media retail price, and the difference in prices shall be due on the day of the upgrade. If an upgrade to a Passport is made from a multi-day ticket, the Passport will be backdated to begin on the first day that such ticket was used; if an upgrade to a Passport is made from a lower level Passport, the new Passport will have the same expiration date as the original Passport. Each guest wishing to upgrade his/her ticket media to a Passport must be present at the time of the upgrade transaction. Fully used ticket media, complimentary ticket media (except for certain promotional tickets) and ticket media stating its ineligibility for an upgrade may not be upgraded to a Passport. Upgrades are subject to Passport availability. Downgrades are not allowed.

So according to this you just have to make sure to upgrade by the last day of a multi-day ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter