Adding Magic to the Magic

beckster2001

Earning My Ears
Can anyone offer up ideas of small ways to add to to the magic for our kids? My boys are about to turn 4&6 (the month after we go). I was thinking of making them small themed gift baskets to sneak in the room "from Mickey". Was also thinking about trying to decorate the room while they are out exploring the hotel grouds the morning after check-in (we will be checking in around midnight), but really, how do I decorate the room with no helium (and on a budget)? Looking for any and all ideas. We went two years ago, but they do not remember (it was a disaster anyways). Want to make this trip extra special for them. :)

I borrowed an idea from the dis on my last trip that brought a lot of magic. We got a $1 magnetic white board and put it on the outside door of our room. Every morning I asked a different question and my resort neighbors wrote their answers. It was so fun to come back to the room and see what everyone wrote. One day I asked where everyone was from and we had responses from all over the world!

I think only the Value resorts have the magntetic doors, though. We were at the POP.

Also, you can blow up balloons and thread a string through the knot to make a balloon garland with no helium. Voila!

For my boys, I always purchased needed items, just in a Disney theme. New PJ. to lay out the first night (mickey mouse), a new toothbrush, body wash, wash clothes, shirts etc to use on the trip were all Disney Themes. Did not put them all out together, just gave them to him as needed. Also went out of my way to find breakfast and room snack stuff in Disney theme. We had juice, and some fruit snacks and some REAL fruit packs (Target) as well as Disney Party Napkins.

We've always had Tinkerbell leave little gifts each night of our trip and most came from the Dollar Store: Disney figurines, puzzles, yo-yo's, jumpropes, books, coloring books, etc. You can find lots of things at the Dollar Store and you can usually find Disney Birthday party decorations that you can use to decorate your room at the Dollar Store, too!

I was in the Dollar Store last week and saw all of these things there.

We also got glow sticks and magic washcloths and body wash in Disney themes and used it during the trip.

Your kids are young, but if you plan to do pins, on our last night, Tinkerbell always leaves a pin in the shape of the favorite ride for that trip.

Have a wonderful trip!

I am in the early, early stages of creating mini Smash books (5 1/2" x 7") for the three kids. They are 15, 15 and 10 so it was tough to decide how to suprise them with a little extra magic. I plan to give them the books before heading to the airport. I will include things like gift cards, trip details, dining details, spots for them to add souvenirs, pictures, etc. I am trying to make it like a planner/scrapbook all in one. The book itself comes with an attached pen/glue stick so they can add memories and souvenirs to the book throughout the trip as well. It could definitely be customized for younger kids by putting printable coloring pages in it with a snack size zip lock bag glued to a page as well to hold crayons. I am also planning to make it so they can adhere some of their pressed pennies in it.

IMG_0851.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter