Adding "magic" to off-property stay & birthday

mrandmrsnjt1106

Earning My Ears
We are hoping to stay at Bonnet Creek for our Nov 2014 visit to WDW. We've stayed off property as adults but the only time our kids went we stayed at Pop & I'm worried they will miss the theming & magic of staying at the World. Kids will be boys ages 11 & 10 and girls ages 8 (turning 9 while there), 7, 5 & 2. I'm looking for ideas to add some magic at the resort. I'm thinking of having little Disney purses filled with snacks, glow sticks, etc i pick up pre-trip and leaving them in the rooms for the girls to find, but don't know what to do for the boys in the same vein. Also, having monogrammed pillowcases made for girls that I will sneak onto their pillows, but again, boys aren't really going to appreciate that kind of surprise, lol. I guess I'm looking for more ideas for the boys or that would appeal to both.

Second question is regarding celebrating my daughter's 9th birthday. Don't know yet if we will be eating dinner in a park or in our room that day, so I'm wondering what my options are for cakes for both & what your experiences are with them.

TIA!

My DD12 and DS 10 love Phineas and Ferb. I find there is more Perry items available in stores these days (particularly the dollar stores:banana:).

You could get a pencil case and fill it with Perry/Disney pencils, notes pads...my kids even liked blowing the bubbles for the smaller kids in lines, theres bouncy balls and I'd even go with glow bracelets and necklaces(they can make their own shapes with the bracelets and necklaces). Other then that, you may have to go into the higher priced items like t-shirts or ball caps. It's a tough age as they aren't so little that you can easily appease them with trinkets and cheaper dollar store items.

That's all I can think of right now:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter