adding in an additional person for a hotel room?

Just(donald)Ducky

Mouseketeer
Hey all-

I have a family of five, so I've always thought that when the room says "four" it meant four only... now I'm questioning if I can add another person in?

I mean, I've got myself, gf, a 9, 8, and 4 year old. Could we cram into a value? I know they are extremly small, so a cot would be out. Would a moderate be large enough you think?

Four means four that need sleeping space, or 4+an infant age 2 or less.

So no you can't have 5 in a value resort.

There are some locations that allow 5 or more. But if the occupancy is 4, it's 4, or 4+1 infant.

Port Orlean Riverside has rooms in their Alligator Bayou section that sleep five . It is a moderate but a good deal for family of five :)

Unless it specifically says it can hold 5, it is a total occupancy of 4 +1 under the age of 3. They are strict about this. If they find out you are over occupancy they can require you to purchase another room at rack rate and/or ask you to vacate the room/property.

So your family can not fit into a value room or most moderates.

Four means four that need sleeping space, or 4+an infant age 2 or less.

So no you can't have 5 in a value resort.

There are some locations that allow 5 or more. But if the occupancy is 4, it's 4, or 4+1 infant.

You can't have five in a value room at a value resort. But Family suites at some of the value resorts will sleep up to six plus one under the age of three. But there is only one real bed, a queen sized bed, in the bedroom. The other four sleeping spaces are convertibles - double sleeper sofa, twin sized sleeper chair and slightly smaller sleeper ottoman.

You can't have five in a value room at a value resort. But Family suites at some of the value resorts will sleep up to six plus one under the age of three. But there is only one real bed, a queen sized bed, in the bedroom. The other four sleeping spaces are convertibles - double sleeper sofa, twin sized sleeper chair and slightly smaller sleeper ottoman.

Keeping in mind that sleeping spaces are not the measure. It is fire codes that determine room capacity. If the room is rated 4 or 5 or whatever then that's it regardless of number of spaces. They are very strict because they have no option but to be so. Try to have one to many people in a oom and you will have to get an additional room or room change. If you don't opt for those choices they legally have to evict you. Harsh, but that is how it works with fire code regulations.

Polydweller said:
Keeping in mind that sleeping spaces are not the measure. It is fire codes that determine room capacity. If the room is rated 4 or 5 or whatever then that's it regardless of number of spaces. They are very strict because they have no option but to be so. Try to have one to many people in a oom and you will have to get an additional room or room change. If you don't opt for those choices they legally have to evict you. Harsh, but that is how it works with fire code regulations.

Actually she is correct about the capacity of the rooms and the provided sleep spaces regarding the types of sleeping accommodations. Deb and Bill is a long time poster and quite an expert on the resorts, including room capacities and the different types of sleeping accommodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter