Adding extra person on HRH package deal just for FOLP

MEG&MINNIE

DIS Veteran
My friend and her 3 children are booking 4 nites at HRH and getting a Package Deal that includes 2 breakfasts. I am also going down with them, but didn't want to stay with them , so I'm booking 4 nites at Cabana Bay Resort ( no FOLP). Now I read HRH can accomodate 5 people...

Can I get on her ressie just for the FOLP for just 2 or 3 nites. I would still have my seperate reservation at Cabana Bay with no park tickets . It would save me from buying express passes daily !

My friend and her 3 children are booking 4 nites at HRH and getting a Package Deal that includes 2 breakfasts. I am also going down with them, but didn't want to stay with them , so I'm booking 4 nites at Cabana Bay Resort ( no FOLP). Now I read HRH can accomodate 5 people...

Can I get on her ressie just for the FOLP for just 2 or 3 nites. I would still have my seperate reservation at Cabana Bay with no park tickets . It would save me from buying express passes daily ![/QUOTE

Yes you can. I've never done a package so I'm not sure about modifications. However, when I book online I only book my room for 1 person and add my wife and kids at the front desk during check in.

Can I get on her ressie just for the FOLP for just 2 or 3 nites. I would still have my seperate reservation at Cabana Bay with no park tickets . It would save me from buying express passes daily !

yes you can.

if the kids are 17 and under, you can be added as another adult.
if any of the kids are over 17, there would be an additional cfharge each night for the extra adult on the ressie.

Also...thanks to pcstang...I know with a package it may be complicated...Maybe I will call them directly ...Thanks :cutie:

the issue many of us have with packages are the change fees.
$50 every time you make a change to the package and it has to be paid in full prior to arrival.

if you do a package, buy the travel insurance they offer.
that way you won't lose out on money.

but, Loews hotels offers inclement weather exceptions policies.
if weather becomes an issue, no fees or charges for changing a reservation

many times if you want to buy day tickets or mulit tickets to the darkside, they can be purchased from UT or Mapleleaf at a discount.
if you go that route, book room only for the hotels.

since your friend had bought the package, see if there will be any surcharges for adding another person to the reservation.
don't know if they will waive the change fee unlelss she calls and talks to them.

anyone on the reservation for the deluxe hotels will receive the perks.
early entry with hotel card and creating your express photo pass in that hotel lobby.

Personally, I would just add the new person at check-in. That way you avoid the change charges and just deal directly with the hotel. I'm not sure what issues will arise if you are trying to change the package. Packages are always more complicated.

the package deal would add the 5th person for the free 2 breakfasts.
if a $50 change fee would be added, that would negate the additional costs.

have no idea if adding the person at check in time would incur an additional charge.

if they call in advance, the op might be able to gain more info on which way would be best to add the friend.

the package deal would add the 5th person for the free 2 breakfasts.
if a $50 change fee would be added, that would negate the additional costs.

have no idea if adding the person at check in time would incur an additional charge.

if they call in advance, the op might be able to gain more info on which way would be best to add the friend.

I don't think the 5th person gets breakfast ... or the 3rd or the 4th. Only two people get breakfast each day with the package.

you probably know best.
only did a package once but breakfast wasn't included with it.

specials change and come and go all the time.
some like that so they have options to consider.

Thanks for the answers ...still thinking about what I
should do...but do not want the $50 fee for changing ressie ...:cutie:

Thanks for the answers ...still thinking about what I
should do...but do not want the $50 fee for changing ressie ...:cutie:

I get the feeling that if they added you when they got there, in person, at checkin, it would be allowed and wouldn't cause a reservation change fee. And if it isn't allowed, no biggie, you just buy the EPs. Budget accordingly, of course.

Or even if they changed it now and had the $50 change fee, would you still (after paying that) have a net discount vs buying EPs every day?

if you have a package and those are pre paid before you check in to the hotel, it would still be a change if you added someone at the point where you checked in.
i won't even start to guess how the hotels would handle that.
i have no idea.

i read on the motherland boards quite frequently when posters tell others how to beat a system and save money.

hopefullly, that won't be the case on the darkside forums.

I don't think it's fraudulent...the room states it can hold 5 people. I would be paying the fees to use the room as a 5th person added on. I prefer to have my own private room in another resort...which I am also paying for.

there are no additional fees to add a 5th person.
the 2Q rooms allows 5 to a room.

if there are more than 2 aged 18 and over, then a $25 night per charge is in effect for the 3rd occupant.
that is a hotel policy with Loews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter