• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

adding dining to room only reservation

mgcgoose

Mouseketeer
My cousin is a CM and she booked my hotel reservation so that I could receive the 40% off. The reservation is listed as room only...does this mean that I won't be able to add tickets and the dining plan to my reservation?

How can I add the dining package and tickets without losing the 40%?

My cousin is a CM and she booked my hotel reservation so that I could receive the 40% off. The reservation is listed as room only...does this mean that I won't be able to add tickets and the dining plan to my reservation?

How can I add the dining package and tickets without losing the 40%?
You could talk to your Cousin about that. Disney doesn't usually stack discounts -- if you get a big room discount, you don't get offered dining. If you get free dining, you don't get a room discount. It's easy to buy tickets from Disney online directly. Make sure you open a MyDisneyExperience account online for your tickets, resort and MagicBand (which you will customize before your trip).

Frankly, saving 40% on your room may work better than a dining plan in terms of total trip $$ spent. Usually ppl don't save $$ with DDP unless they have kids under 10 on their reservation. And DDP forces you to have dessert. Would you spend the $$ to order dessert for lunch and dinner when at home? This is one way that DDP is an inefficient $$ expenditure. More than likely, you could do better on your own. You'll have the convenience of charging to your room thru your MagicBand, so paying for meals will be relatively easy & painless if you've budgeted for your vacation meals. And that's all DDP is -- pre-paid meals.

Thanks...I'm not looking to stack coupons, I want to pay OOP for the DDP. I just want to be able to add it to my reservation if possible.

Thanks...I'm not looking to stack coupons, I want to pay OOP for the DDP. I just want to be able to add it to my reservation if possible.
Hi again. Since your CM cousin is booking the reservation with employee discount, I believe only she-or-he can find out if dining can be added to the reservation, and if so, make the necessary change. I'm not knowledgeable about Disney employee offerings in detail. Sorry.

My sister is a CM and I do this all the time. If you have your reservation number, call 407-wdw-cast. Tell them your CM family member made you the reservation and you would like to add the DDP. They will, most likely, have to cancel your first reservation and make a new one. I was told going from a room only to room+dine, is turning it into a package. But, it was no problem and everything worked out fine. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter