Adding DDP to part of of a Split Stay?

Treacle44

DIS Veteran
Has anyone successfully split their existing reservation?

We've recently booked 7 nights at AKL and then 7 at BCV and both times when we asked to book for 5 and the 2 nights so we could add DDP to the last two nights, we were told we'd have to to ring back in 5 days to Dd the last two day, we risked not getting what we wanted as availability was low etc. Not wanting to risk it, we just booked the full 7 night each time. :(

I thought the new system allowed MS to hold the reservation whilst it was split the DDP added?? Did we just get CMs with lack of experience or can it really not be done without risking losing the booking?

We can make our ADRs this wee so I really wanted to get this sorted.

Thanks

X

I have not split a stay so I don't have any experience with that.

However, I do know that if you are booking at exactly 11 mths (Home resort) or 7 mths (other resorts), then MS can only book up to 7 continuous days. So if they have to book 5 days, then 2 days, it is two separate reservations and the 2 days can only be booked 11 or 7 mths prior to the beginning of the 2 days.

However, it appears that you are past the 7 mth period since you mentioned that you are able to book your ADRs this week. So if this is the case, then I don't see why MS couldn't book both 5 days and 2 days at the same time. Then in this case I would call again.

As for holding the reservation, I believe what others have been posting is that they may be able to hold it during the time it takes them to process the reservation. However, I'm not sure if they are even able to do this. I have always been told by MS that nothing can be held, you take the chance of booking it, but it could become unavailable during the time they book it. This is why I get so nervous when they take longer than needed to book.

Good Luck. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter