Adding DDP To A Room Only Reservation

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are so on the fence about adding the QSDP to our March reservation. He says its not that great of a deal, I say at the very worst, it will break us even and allow us to prepay for our meals and help us stick to a budget! I need to at least make a room only reservatoin as our trip is Easter Week. How long can I wait to add the QSDP to our room only reservation?

Also, I'll need to add park tickets to right?

Thanks so much, I searched but just couldn't find my answer.

You can't add a dining plan to a room only reservation. It must be a package reservation to get a dining plan. If you do not have an annual pass, that means you must buy at least a one-day base park ticket as part of your package. If you have an annual pass, you can get a ticketless package.

If you make a room-only reservation now, and then convert it to a package later, it would be necessary to cancel the room only reservation and then rebook it as a package. You might then run the risk of not having the resort you want available for the package reservation.

The biggest difference between a room only and a package reservation (besides having to buy tickets) is that you must pay off the package in full no later than 45 days prior to arrival. If you cancel after the 45 day mark, you have to pay a cancellation penalty. If you downgrade your reservation after the 45 day mark, there's a $50 change fee. You can add a dining plan to a package reservation anytime up to 72 hours before arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter