Adding days onto a DW ticket

ton80

Red Dot stuck in a Blue State !
Can you add days onto a MYW with PH ticket while at DW. If you can what is the cost and can it be done at your DW hotel lobby ?

Yes- you can add days to a ticket once you arrive.

You must do it at guest relations (either inside our outside the park, or at DTD). It's not able to be done at the lobby concierge, AFAIK.

The cost is dependent upon how many days you currently have on your ticket. MouseSavers has a chart (with tax) of gate ticket prices.

The best advice is to always USE the ticket first before doing any upgrades, in case there has been a price increase, or in case the ticket was discounted.

You can only upgrade within 14 days of first use, and if your ticket is NOT on your KTTW card, you must upgrade while the ticket is still valid- for instance, if you have a 3 day park hopper, you can upgrade on Day 1, Day 2, or Day 3. If you wait until Day 4, you can no longer modify the ticket in any way (this is to cut down on the ticket scalpers who were buying partially used MYW tickets from guests, adding days on, and selling them to unsuspecting tourists along I drive).

Can you add days onto a MYW with PH ticket while at DW. If you can what is the cost and can it be done at your DW hotel lobby ?

Yes- you can add days to a ticket once you arrive.

-- do it at guest relations (either inside our outside the park, or at DTD).

The cost is dependent upon how many days you currently have on your ticket. MouseSavers has a chart (with tax) of gate ticket prices.

The best advice is to always USE the ticket first before doing any upgrades, in case there has been a price increase, or in case the ticket was discounted.

You can only upgrade within 14 days of first use, and if your ticket is NOT on your KTTW card, you must upgrade while the ticket is still valid- for instance, if you have a 3 day park hopper, you can upgrade on Day 1, Day 2, or Day 3. If you wait until Day 4, you can no longer modify the ticket in any way (this is to cut down on the ticket scalpers who were buying partially used MYW tickets from guests, adding days on, and selling them to unsuspecting tourists along I drive).

Agree with all of the above.

Wait to do the upgrade until AFTER you have USED the ticket at least one time.

It's not able to be done at the lobby concierge, AFAIK.

Only the above is incorrect.
You can do most ticket transactions (except regarding AP's) at a WDW resort concierge.

Just did this a couple weeks ago while at sports resort. Went to front desk and took about 5 minutes . I already had 5 day ph. I added one day and it cost around 10.50 each person . We are considered 4 adults.

We did this at the music hotel. After using it once we added days then after deciding that "yes" we wanted to go to Disney Quest (the indoor play place) at Downtown Disney, I added the Water park fun and more to each ticket. It was too cold for waterparks so i had not done this but discovered that Disney Quest tickets at the door are $44.00 each while adding the extra to my tickets was just a little over $10 each. Doesn't take much to do this math. But, yes you can do it at your disney hotel.

I bought tickets at UT 4 day park hopper. I think we might go to Disney Quest the day we arrive on a Saturday, but not use the park ticket as we are using them Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed. If I add the DQ to my tickets and use them Saturday, will this start the countdown to use the park tickets? So am I better off just buying DQ tickets by themselves and not adding them to my park hoppers? I have a feeling I already know my answer :sad1: But thought I'd ask anyway.

I bought tickets at UT 4 day park hopper. I think we might go to Disney Quest the day we arrive on a Saturday, but not use the park ticket as we are using them Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed.

1- If I add the DQ to my tickets and use them Saturday, will this start the countdown to use the park tickets?

2- So am I better off just buying DQ tickets by themselves and not adding them to my park hoppers? I have a feeling I already know my answer :sad1: But thought I'd ask anyway.

1- Yes. But, it will NOT AFFECT your THEME PARK DAYS.
(It only starts the "14 days to use the tickets" countdown.)
The Water Parks and More options DO NOT count anything against
your THEME PARK days. They are separate entities.

2- You will likely lose the DISCOUNT you got from UT if you don't
use your tickets before upgrading.
Do the math.
But it never hurts to ASK NICELY if the CM will
only do the basic up-charge as if you did already use the
tickets one time.

I'd certainly ask.

I bought tickets at UT 4 day park hopper. I think we might go to Disney Quest the day we arrive on a Saturday, but not use the park ticket as we are using them Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed. If I add the DQ to my tickets and use them Saturday, will this start the countdown to use the park tickets? So am I better off just buying DQ tickets by themselves and not adding them to my park hoppers? I have a feeling I already know my answer :sad1: But thought I'd ask anyway.
The answer is "It Depends"!

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets unless your ticket is a Park Hopper.

If you add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $60.71 (including tax) per person, adult or child if your ticket is not a hopper.

If your ticket already has Park Hopping on it, the cost is only $23.43 to add the WPF&M. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park tickets they cost $55.38 adult and $46.86 child. (Disney Quest are $46.86/$40.47) If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an approximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do two or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter