• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding another day?

Rose DiVerona

Time to be movin' along...
Okay, somebody stop me (or convince me I'm not crazy). Just last night I booked a solo stay at Pop Century from May 26-30. Now I'm wondering if I should have booked starting May 25 instead. This is my first solo trip, so I don't know how everything's going to go, but I am super excited. I don't know when the next time I'll get to Disney will be--this is kind of a treat to myself. Adding another day would be about another $150, and I can't decide if it's worth it. Additionally, I was thinking of getting the Memory Maker, which is around the same cost. So...Memory Maker or another day? Or both? :confused3 I know ultimately only I can make this decision, but I'd love to hear what others think!

Edit: If I added a day, considering doing Keys to the Kingdom. Never done this before.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. I just got off the phone with Disney about adding a night to my existing reservation at Yacht Club this July. But the room is not available at my rate, so now I have to either made an additional reservation for 1 night, and most-likely have to change rooms at YC, or switch resorts for all, or part of the stay. I've don't splits before, but I don't know if I want to split a 6-night stay.

You could start on the 24th. I'll be down there the 21st- 24th (semi-solo) and it would be nice to meet fellow disney lovers on vacation!! lol I'm a 25 yo male fwiw

My last stay was nine days...it was very relaxed and I'd like to do that again...my point..longer at Disney can never be a bad thing....after the trip you'll forget what it cost you, but rather how good a time you had

So I decided to "go big or go home." I added a day at the beginning, arriving on the 25th instead of the 26th, reserved a Keys to the Kingdom tour for my first morning, AND bought Memory Maker. If I'm going to spend money, I might as well make the most of it. I won't be doing anything nice for myself for a while after this trip!

I'm glad you decided to add another day. Personally I would have started my vacation on the 20 or 21 so you can enjoy the 24 hours of Disney celebration, nevertheless I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I'm glad you decided to add another day. Personally I would have started my vacation on the 20 or 21 so you can enjoy the 24 hours of Disney celebration, nevertheless I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I've always wanted to do one of the 24-hour days, but Memorial Day weekend is always a big family lakehouse celebration for my family and I wouldn't want to miss it.

Im in the same boat actually. I have a trip booked from 26-30 (in Oct)...im thinking about adding a day either at the beginning or end. But i think you did the right thing by adding a day. And I just might do the same! :thumbsup2

I just decided to add another day to our trip too. We have 5 day park tickets and was going to go to the parks on the day of arrival. But then I got to thinking...why? Let's add another day! We could relax at the resort in the middle of each day and not feel so rushed to do everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter