• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding an extra person to BOG

nursesandy

Earning My Ears
My son's fiance has decided to go with us with a little over one week to go. Ugh!!!! I have been successful at getting her added to all reservations or changing to accommodate except for the BOG lunch. I've talked to Disney Dining with no luck. I've read that it is usually not a problem to add one person at most places. Is this true for BOG lunch as well? The reservation is for 3 and I need it to be 4. Anyone had luck with this? This one is our number one priority this trip so now I'm stressing.

I've heard BOG doesn't allow walkups at all. This case might be a little different, but I think you may have a hard time. Keep checking though. Lots of people cancel the night before their reservation. Are you looking for a new reservation for 4 or a reservation for 1? Make sure to check both. Even if it's for 1 he can sit with you no problem.

Since you have a lunch reservation, keep trying for a 1 person reservation close to the time of your existing reservation. Whoever has the first reservation will just grab a table big enough for the whole party.

We had someone join us at the last minute during our last trip, and we were able to adjust everything except BOG - and we had 2 reservations there. We did the 1 person reservation thing for lunch, then we chanced it for dinner. They were able to add him - we probably waited an extra 10 minutes.

If it were 4-5 I would say no. But 3-4 will probably be ok. They would be putting you at a 4 top anyway so no skin off their nose.

Maybe be prepared for plan b just in case they say no (which I can't imagine why they would).

Sine you're going from 3 to 4, then that should be fine since you will be seated at a 4-person table anyway. Of course, they can always say "no" and then you can drop from 3 to 2 and 2 can eat at BOG and the other 2 can eat at a counter service restaurant.

This is lunch, so it's open seating. At dinner, I'd agree this wouldn't be a problem, but at lunch, I don't think it will work out.

Because reservations fill them to capacity at breakfast and lunch, but dinner is constrained by the kitchen's ability to keep up, rather than the number of seats. Reservations at lunch aren't based on the number of tables, but the number of chairs.

Because reservations fill them to capacity at breakfast and lunch, but dinner is constrained by the kitchen's ability to keep up, rather than the number of seats. Reservations at lunch aren't based on the number of tables, but the number of chairs.
I see.

Just check for one like a previous poster said. Check all the time! It will work out. I had a reservation for 4 and was able to get the fifth a week before but I did have to call and have a cast member do it. So I found it online and immediately called. Also the night before a lot opens up

Yeah, your two issues are Lunch is the most popular it seems and it's all about set capacity, not tables/chairs etc for that day. Some lunches I struggle for a table and some there are lots empty.

Suggestions:
- Keep trying for 4. People change plans all the time even the night before so they don't get charged no show fee.
- Keep trying for 1 at about the same time. You pick your table when you enter - so whoever is first finds a table for four.
- Keep trying for 2. They enter on one, you the other and sit together. No "no show" fee as long as some of you show.
- Show up with all four, hope they let you all in, and if not the two of them just go somewhere else to eat and you keep BOG.

Thanks for the tips. I was able to find a reservation for 2 at the exact time, but couldn't find a reservation for just one. Go figure. I will keep searching though as I hate to have that extra seat that I don't intend to use.

You could call Disney dining and they can help remove the 1 extra person from the reservation, or just tell the restaurant when you arrive you only have 1. I wouldn't stress about it though, because as long as you have 1 person eating on the reservation, it wont be an issue and wont cost you anything.

Do you have to call Disney dining to make the one person reservation. Not
sure it would work online if you already have the first reservation

I arrived at be our guest 2 nights ago with 3 instead of 2 and asked if we could all dine, was told no problem at all but might have to wait a little for a larger table.

I came here looking for the same question, my daughters have a table for two booked at 6pm on 1st Feb I am now joining them on their trip :) and have been trying to get an extra reservation for one person or rebook on our other MK day, and have not been able to secure either. I was hoping to get there early and ask if we could add the extra person. I was told they are only tables for 4 people...

I came here looking for the same question, my daughters have a table for two booked at 6pm on 1st Feb I am now joining them on their trip :) and have been trying to get an extra reservation for one person or rebook on our other MK day, and have not been able to secure either. I was hoping to get there early and ask if we could add the extra person. I was told they are only tables for 4 people...
Since Be Our Guest's capacity at dinner is limited by the kitchen, they have plenty of extra tables. I think it's probably one of the easiest places to show up with an extra person. At dinner. Breakfast and lunch are completely different.

I think it's probably one of the easiest places to show up with an extra person.

That said, for 100% confidence in success, try to get the ADR. If every booked party showed up with +1, they'd start turning them away fairly fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter