Adding an extra guest to your confirmed ADR ??

mum

Earning My Ears
I have all of my ADR's booked for our upcoming trip but at the very last minute my daughter is now joining us. I am having trouble rebooking some of our ADR's for 5 guests instead of the original 4 especially because there simply is no availability of any sort at several of my choices.

My main concerns are California Grill Brunch, California Grill Dinner, Ohana and Be Our guest lunch.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to explain when we arrive to check in that we have 5 instead of 4 guests ? Would we be turned away?

Or if it were possible to book an ADR for 1 diner at the same time as our confirmed reservation do you think that it might be possible to seat us together?

I have all of my ADR's booked for our upcoming trip but at the very last minute my daughter is now joining us. I am having trouble rebooking some of our ADR's for 5 guests instead of the original 4 especially because there simply is no availability of any sort at several of my choices.

My main concerns are California Grill Brunch, California Grill Dinner, Ohana and Be Our guest lunch.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to explain when we arrive to check in that we have 5 instead of 4 guests ? Would we be turned away?

Or if it were possible to book an ADR for 1 diner at the same time as our confirmed reservation do you think that it might be possible to seat us together?
The best answer anyone here can give you is it depends. But in general if there was availability you could book it.
It will depend on the season, the restaurant, the meal, the CM ETC, ETC, ETC. You MAY be accommodated. You likely will not. It is best to have a Plan B.

I would try looking for an ADR for 6. If that doesn't work, call the restaurant or Disney Dining.
If no luck with that, then use Touring Plans Reservation finder.
Good luck!

We had this happen to us many times. Sometimes I called and it worked out. Other times I used a different MDE account - like my DDs (they must be over 18 years old to book) and booked an ADR for 1 person at the same time - just keep checking. This way it doesn't change the other reservation.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have called and they have helped as best they could but I still don't have a Cali Grill and Ohana dinner . I think that my best option is to try to get a reservation for one person for each of those but no luck so far.
I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll get lucky.

There are some number of guests easier to add one to. 1 to 2. 3 to 4. 5 to 6 (sometimes). Those are usually easier because the single addition doesn’t change the table size needed to serve. As example “4 top” table seats 3 or 4 guests. When you add a guest that requires a different type of table you can have difficulties. Bog lunch is a qs and you can sit where you want so as pp noted you likely won’t have as much difficulties adding an extra guest shouldn’t present table configuration issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter