Adding a small contract question

Dawn68PA

DIS Veteran
If we buy a 50 point contract at a resort where we currently do not own can we make a week long reservation there or just reserve 50 points worth at 11 months and the rest at 7 months?

TIA

If you have multiple home resorts, points remain separate by home resort during the home resort priority period. Once the 7 month booking window opens, you can combine points from multiple home resorts.

That's the way I understand it. We plan on adding some points and will buy the cheapest resort when we do it.

If we buy a 50 point contract at a resort where we currently do not own can we make a week long reservation there or just reserve 50 points worth at 11 months and the rest at 7 months?

TIA
50 points worth at 11 months and the rest at 7 months.

If that wasn't the rule everyone would only buy 50 point contracts and the rest at the cheapest resort.

:earsboy: Bill

TIA
As noted by others, you could only combine points at the 7 month window. However, 50 pts can give you a decent option for studios and sometimes for 1 BR villas.

Thanks all, that's what I thought. I was curious because I've seen some buy small contracts like that and was trying to make sense of them.

your contracts would be separate at 11 months out.

but you could still use a 50 pt contract to add on a short stay at the other resort at the end of your vacation.

you could also bank and borrow within that one 50 pt contract to use up to 150 pts at that other resort every third year.

but yeah, there is no way to use pts from one resort at a different resort at 11 months out.

We don't like to hop but I like the bank and borrow idea. I can see why people would do that.

One thing DVC has done is used math skills in my head I haven't used in ages :rotfl:

We bought a 55 point contract so we could stay every other year in a studio. We bought a 100 pt contract so we could either stay every year in a studio or every other year in a 1Br.

Besides the "bank and borrow" to stay every few years, some buy small contracts to add on to the points they already own at that resort.

We bought 50 points at HHI so we can stay there over spring break every third year in a 1BR. Even though the dues are more, we need to own there to maximize our chances of snagging one of the only 21 1BR's over Easter week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter