• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding a person

Wyattsmom

Earning My Ears
Looks like my mother wants to come to Disney with us. I've already booked all my dining (for 3). Will it be awful to add her to the reservations? Nov 16-20 if that makes a difference.

I am going through this right now.

It might be a pain. Our trip is in September and so far I have only been able to add the 2 new people to 2 of 5 ADRS.

The best thing to do is call first and see if they can just add on.
Hopefully with just 1 person you`ll have better luck.

Its been 3 days of stalking the site.... I am hoping it will get easier the closer we get.

Adding 1 to a reservation of 3 may not be as bad since most tables seat 4 anyways.

We had a last minute add on for our trip last June...we went from 3 to 4...I did change the ones I could but couldn't changed CRT or BOG before we left. We had no issues adding the extra person at CRT or BOG when we walked up to check in :) I figured it was because we were prob already at a 4 top table.

More then likely it will not be an issue because you would usually be seated at a 4 top table. It is alot easier to add an extra person to an odd number ADR then an even number. Though before hand my husband and I decided that one of us would sit out if for any reason they couldn't add the extra person but we had no issues.

What restaurants are you booked for? You may not have a problem walking up and adding her since yes, most restaurants do sit 3 ppl at a 4 top.. But there are some in WDW that have 3 top tables. Ohana is one of them, as we were 3 when we dined there and the table was a 3 top, not 4. Just looking at your dates, you may have issues getting new ADR's for 4 ppl since people have had problems finding any availability that week as it is.

I'm not an expert so this might not be the best advice. Since people have said that most likely your party of 3 will be sitting at a table for 4 you could try canceling your ADR and immediately searching for 4 and see if the one you just canceled comes up. If not you could then search again and try and snag your original ADR for 3. You might be better off trying this with one of your less popular ADRs and maybe in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping. I don't know if this will work so if you try it and it doesn't please don't come after me :)

I'm not an expert so this might not be the best advice. Since people have said that most likely your party of 3 will be sitting at a table for 4 you could try canceling your ADR and immediately searching for 4 and see if the one you just canceled comes up. If not you could then search again and try and snag your original ADR for 3. You might be better off trying this with one of your less popular ADRs and maybe in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping. I don't know if this will work so if you try it and it doesn't please don't come after me :)
I can confirm that this works. I was coordinating a drop for Be Our Guest when I had a reservation for 3. The other person hadn't picked it up after five minutes, so I grabbed it back, but for 4. You risk someone else picking it up, but it does work.

That's exactly what I am thinking. A table will always have 4 sides, right? :)

Nope. Some restaurants have 3 tops.

The best thing is to call and see if they can just add your extra. If they can't, keep checking as often as you can. Something might open up. Showing up with an extra should always be the very last resort. You are taking a chance the extra won't be seated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter