Adding a person to a ADR

kcmyluv

Mouseketeer
So my mom just called and wants to come with. We leave in 9 days!
Got her airfare, added her to the hotel. Now onto Dining. I really want to eat at O'hana, as it is one of our favorites. We have an early morning reservation. We will be going from 3 to 4 people. What should we do? I don't want to be that person that just walks up with an extra. But aren't most tables for 4?

Yes, you will most likely be at a 4-top, which would seat four.

I had to do this not too long ago, I went ahead and saw if I could upgrade all of my ADR's to add the extra person; the ones I couldn't I left alone.

I figured that way I could meet them halfway, out of courtesy.

I usually call ahead when I know I'm adding an extra person. Usually they can accommadate. Since you're just adding 1 person to a party of 3, it shouldn't be a problem. Its easy enough.....just call Disney Dining and tell them your need.

If you call now and get it done, then you won't have to worry about it.

Have a great time !

I posted about this earlier today. The CM said the computer wasn't allowing her to change our reservations for all of our regular meals. She said we should just show up and they will probably seat all of us. We were able to get Ohanas and HDDR changed, but nothing else.

Two years ago we went from a group of 4 to a group of 5. I was unable to change our reservations in advance so we tried just showing up with 5 and hoping for the best - we were accommodated at every restaurant! Although I have to admit every time we approached a podium I would get nervous :)

Two years ago we went from a group of 4 to a group of 5. I was unable to change our reservations in advance so we tried just showing up with 5 and hoping for the best - we were accommodated at every restaurant! Although I have to admit every time we approached a podium I would get nervous :)

Interesting... I wonder if anyone else has had any luck with this. We have some good ADRs made and now my mom may be joining us for a dinner or two, we would be going from 4 to 5.

Now that I think of it, this actually happened to us, by accident. I had booked our party of 5 at Tonys and when we got there they told us it was for 4. It was not a big deal and they seated us shortly.

I wonder if it would work at any harder to get ADRs, like Ohana or Le Cellier. Has anyone ever tried and been turned away?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter