• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding a Discount to Disney Room Booking

JulieSharp

Joshua will always be my 'little boy'
Hi

Has anyone booked a Disney room only then later added a discount to that same booking?
Can it be done?
Or should I wait until the discount comes out then book?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

No, you can definitely add the discount afterwards. Definitely book now and add the discount later. Don't chance getting shut out of the resort and room you want. I actually just did this. Booked RPC at The Grand in TPV for the beginning of November. Gonna book the RO Discount for it when it comes out. But like I said, I didn't wanna get shut out of the room. I wanted. Good Luck! :)

well there use to not be a problem doing what you want.

now - people are being told - either all the rooms at that discount are gone - or they can't do it/

so would tempted to wait - unless it is a pretty popular time and the resort you want might be gone?

I just added the "Late Summer" 20% discount on our stay at POFQ in mid-late September. All I did was call and let them know I booked my trip in March and that their is a discount available for my room currently. They asked for my resort confirmation, my name and phone number. They found everything and applied the discount. Saved me $300.00.

I just did this on 5/15/2015 so it can be accomplished. Of course your room has to be available for the discount. :)

Hi

Has anyone booked a Disney room only then later added a discount to that same booking?
Can it be done?
Or should I wait until the discount comes out then book?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Technically, you would not be applying the discount to your existing reservation. What you are actually doing is switching your reservation to a new booking code. This can be accomplished when there are rooms available under the new discount code which are for the same resort room and same dates as your existing reservation.

As many people learned when *free* dining was announced this spring, not every resort (or even room category within participating resorts) was available for the dates that they had booked at rack rate in anticipation of the announcement. Booking ahead of time does not give you a leg up on anyone else and could work against you. But if you have your heart set on a specific resort and room and you don't mind paying the rack rate, then go ahead an book it now.

I would book something that I am willing to stay in if no discounts become available for my dates. Then I would consider any resorts that are discounted later and decide if I want to switch in order to take advantage of the 'sale'.
Discounts are uncertain. If you book a room that you are not willing to stay in at the rate booked then it actually reduces the likelihood of getting that room at a discount later.
You can just as easily get a discounted room in any available resort or category as 'apply' a discount to an existing reserved room. You will still have the same reservation number. There has to be availability independent of your existing reservation in order to get a discounted room in the same category.
Having a particular room booked is important if that is the room, resort and category the one that you want regardless of price. Book as early as possible in that case to avoid disappointment (if it sells out).

There's no need to wait. You can book now, then apply discount later (if there IS a discount later, and as long as they have those discounted rooms available). On my family last trip, my parents booked early at POR. I waited for room-only discount to come out, but there were no discounted rooms available at POR. Booked at CSR instead, my parents switched over to CSR using discount and saved $400.

The risk of waiting would be, for example, you want the cheapest standard room at a specific resort. You wait for a discount that doesn't come. When you finally book at your chosen resort, the standard rooms are gone and you end up paying more for a preferred or water-view room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter