Adding a Day to Tickets over the phone

Jenna319

DIS Veteran
I purchased a 2-day park hopper ticket through the Disney website about 2 weeks ago and now wanted to add a 3rd day before our trip next month (essentially to be able to add fast passes), and was told by a CM over the phone that since I purchased the ticket stand-alone, I can only upgrade in person at the gate. Is this true? Kind of disappointing since I was on hold for 15 minutes and the 1st person I talked to said it wouldn't be a problem as long as I had the credit card they were originally purchased with, and transferred me again, only to be on hold for another 10 minutes and to be told by the next CM that it can't be done.

I purchased a 2-day park hopper ticket

1. through the Disney website about 2 weeks ago
2. and now wanted to add a 3rd day before our trip next month (essentially to be able to add fast passes),
3. and was told by a CM over the phone that since I purchased the ticket stand-alone, I can only upgrade in person at the gate.
4. Is this true?

1. OK.
2. Yup, sorry.
3. Correct.
4. True.

Actually, if the ticket is UNUSED - ticket services can upgrade the ticket before arrival.

Do you mean you can call in and upgrade the tickets before you go? I thought that was what the OP tried to do? Is there a specific number you contact or just call Disney and ask for ticket services?

Robo and vicki_c are correct. If your tickets were purchased as stand alone, you can only upgrade them in person. If they had been part of a package, they could have been changed in advance, over the phone.

Robo and vicki_c are correct. If your tickets were purchased as stand alone, you can only upgrade them in person. If they had been part of a package, they could have been changed in advance, over the phone.
Bummer, what's the difference? Tickets are tickets. Nope I bought them standalone.

Bummer, what's the difference? Tickets are tickets.

The difference is that if you buy package tickets, those tickets are actually sold to you by the "Resorts Division" of WDW.
They maintain their own supply of tickets, that they have bought "wholesale" internally in the company.
Those tickets are part of your resort package and can be managed by the CMs who manage the rest of the resort information and bookings.
They can assign and reassign their own "resort tickets" according to guests' requests.

Another thing to remember:

If you DID buy your tickets as part of a Resort Package, there is a downside in that those tickets will not become "active"
until the start-date of your resort stay. That means that you won't be able to change your mind and ADVANCE-BOOK any FP+
on a date BEFORE your check-in date.
You can arrive early and, in-person, get them to activate your package tickets up to 10 days before your check-in date,
but that cannot be done before your in-person arrival.
So, if you decide to arrive a day or more earlier than your resort check-in date, you will not be able to advance-book any
FP+ until you actually arrive at WDW and activate your package tickets, in-person.

Have done it several times with ticket services. Call and find out! Again, they must have been purchased either online through Disney or over the phone, and as long as they are unused, ticket services can upgrade them.

There's a difference between upgrading and canceling/rebooking the order, which is what ticketing services can do at their discretion. There is no guarantee that they'll do it.

Have done it several times with ticket services. Call and find out! Again, they must have been purchased either online through Disney or over the phone, and as long as they are unused, ticket services can upgrade them.

Just called Ticket Services again and this time, they added my days for me no problem! They just refunded my original order and repurchased with the extra days! Thanks for suggesting I try again!! :) Going to make my fastpasses now!

Just called Ticket Services again and this time, they added my days for me no problem! They just refunded my original order and repurchased with the extra days! Thanks for suggesting I try again!! :) Going to make my fastpasses now!
You are very welcome!! I'm glad you got what you needed!!

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but just want to confirm I'm understanding correctly. If I purchased a package (and it's already paid off) can I still add a day to my tickets? I only purchased a 6 day park hopper, but want to add a 7th day, in case we want to stop at a park on our rest day. Can I do that before our trip?

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but just want to confirm I'm understanding correctly. If I purchased a package (and it's already paid off) can I still add a day to my tickets? I only purchased a 6 day park hopper, but want to add a 7th day, in case we want to stop at a park on our rest day. Can I do that before our trip?
Yes. Since the cost of your package is increasing, they should waive the change fee. In the last 14 days before arrival, there may be an expedite fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter