• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding 5th Day Vs AP

mommakacie

Mouseketeer
WWYD? We will be at Universal in about 10 days. I'm just now debating what to do. We booked when you got "Buy 2 days, Get 2 days" park to park tickets. We will actually be there 5 days. There are 5 of us, and my kids are all older and I'm guessing would be ready to spend some time in a park on that 5th day. The thought has crossed my mind to get at least one AP to save on food. We plan on being/eating on-site all 5 days. I don't see where any AP room rates are available, though.

Does anyone know if I can just add the 5th day ticket? Just debating options. I wish I knew more about Universal.....

WWYD? We will be at Universal in about 10 days. I'm just now debating what to do. We booked when you got "Buy 2 days, Get 2 days" park to park tickets. We will actually be there 5 days. There are 5 of us, and my kids are all older and I'm guessing would be ready to spend some time in a park on that 5th day. The thought has crossed my mind to get at least one AP to save on food. We plan on being/eating on-site all 5 days. I don't see where any AP room rates are available, though.

Does anyone know if I can just add the 5th day ticket? Just debating options. I wish I knew more about Universal.....

Here is the Universal AP page: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...sses/your-annual-pass/index.html#hotel-offers

You can check the hotels rates for your dates there.

As macraven said, if you are going in the next 10 days, you also need to consider blackout dates - there are some blackout dates for US during Mardi Gras if you have the Seasonal Pass or the Power Pass.

Considering this and the fact that you are looking for dining discounts - you will need to get a Preferred Pass at a minimum. It sounds like you are just looking at the 2-park ticket (i.e. not going to Volcano Bay) an AP would be $384.99 and a 5-day 2-park park-to-park ticket would be $294.99

I am not sure whether they will treat your "buy 2/get 2" ticket as a 2-day ticket or a 4-day ticket so the cost to upgrade will also depend on that.

I hesitated to answering one portion of your question but since mjhtchick did, I’ll jump in

Some buy 2 day get 2 days free special tickets have a catch
Some list the actual pass as 4 day tickets
Sometimes it is 2 day +2 day free which will mean no monetary value for 2 days when upgrading

A 4 day pass can upgrade nicely to the ap if worded correctly

Preferred would be better but it costs a lot more

If you are staying on-site and bought the tickets and the hotels through Universal, you could maybe contact Universal and see about a vacation package upgrade - and get 3 park explorer tickets.

But like the others said, you would need at least a Preferred Pass to get discounts on food. But that adds up REALLY quickly. We have gone the last few years and never bought APs. I just didn't look that well into it (we are flying in from Scandinavia, so it's a long trip and we just always went ahead and booked Vacation packages and bundled stuff together). I have been putting the numbers together. At least for us it makes a whole lot more sense to buy APs.

If you save 10% on every meal in the Parks, for everyone together it will get to a significant amount fairly easily. One meal is maybe 15 dollars per person at the parks (at least that..). you save at least almost 8 bucks every time your family eats. That's something to look at.

Hopefully you will get your things resolved and the trip will be wonderful. Let us know how things turn out.

Best regards.

Thank you all for the replies. After some more thought, I'm thinking of just getting 1 preferred AP. I'll have to see if they'll allow it as an upgrade from 4 days, not just 2. The black out days would definitely affect us, so I'd need the higher pass. With our family of 5, and my kids all eating adult size meals, no doubt we'd break even on dining savings. If it's just an upgrade from a 2 day ticket, maybe not.

Just to confirm, can I add a 5th day on to our buy 2, get 2?

Thank you all for the replies. After some more thought, I'm thinking of just getting 1 preferred AP. I'll have to see if they'll allow it as an upgrade from 4 days, not just 2. The black out days would definitely affect us, so I'd need the higher pass. With our family of 5, and my kids all eating adult size meals, no doubt we'd break even on dining savings. If it's just an upgrade from a 2 day ticket, maybe not.

Just to confirm, can I add a 5th day on to our buy 2, get 2?

I think in order to get the official answer to that question, you should contact guest services by email

Include in the email if it is the, buy 2 days, get 2 more days free from the third party vendor that you wish to upgrade those tickets to an ap or to add a 5th Park day

We purchased buy 2 get 2 free 3 park base tickets from UT. We do not plan to go to Volcano Bay, but park to park would be handy. So, my plan is to upgrade to seasonal passes. When I read the back of the tickets I purchased it says "3 Park 4 Day Base Promo Adult SC". I am guessing that these will be considered 4 Day tickets when upgrading?

We purchased buy 2 get 2 free 3 park base tickets from UT. We do not plan to go to Volcano Bay, but park to park would be handy. So, my plan is to upgrade to seasonal passes. When I read the back of the tickets I purchased it says "3 Park 4 Day Base Promo Adult SC". I am guessing that these will be considered 4 Day tickets when upgrading?

Hard to tell with the word "promo" in there. Very well could just get a 2 day credit.

You can upgrade to the 5 day regardless, it just may have a different cost. Mine had "promo" listed and they charged about $42 to upgrade from 3 park 2+2 day promo tickets to the 5 day pass. And they even extended the date so the 5th day could be used on the last day of our vacation, 9 days from the first day the tickets were used (I specifically asked them to do this).

I was planning to upgrade to the 2 park seasonal pass to get the length extension I wanted, but if you use the VB portion you have to upgrade to a ticket that also includes VB. Considering I couldn't get a 5 day pass spread over 9 days another way, this was a good deal for me. I really hope they start increasing the length of time they allow their multiday tickets to be used for, 7 days isn't enough to spread out the Universal fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter