• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Addicted to planning!!

I've started to HIDE my planning.

Count me as the 2nd person who does this! :rotfl: I'm going with siblings and I'm annoying them with my constant Disney talk. They love Disney, just not me talking about the plans - they're happy with me planning it though, just not listening about the constant decision making that I'm doing :rolleyes:

it's nice to know that it's not just me :)
my DH thinks I'm crazy but I just can't get enough of Disney!! we're going 11/28-12/7/10 and I already have our ADR's picked out and which days we're going where (for the most part as I'll have to adjust for MVMCP)!!

These are around the dates we are going and my dh thinks I am insane for all the planning I've done. We (I) still havent decieded between 3 resorts yet(booked in at the Poly but may want to swith to BC or BW) and I have three sets of adrs planned, one around each resort!! I am nuts but its so much fun!!

I too am a planning junky. I am driving my DH crazy over the plans I have made and CHANGED for August. It is such a nice escape from reality!!!

I think that is why so many of us come back with withdrawal because the planning lasts longer than the trip.:confused:

I'm obsessed too! My DH is sooooo tired of hearing about it, and has recently told me to just do what I want. I'm pretty sure he's saying that in the hopes that I'll stop talking about it every single day! Our trip isn't until September.

I, too, am thinking about changing resorts. We are booked at Poly, but might switch to BLT if rooms open up that we can use our pin.

I just keep reassuring DH that the planning is half the fun for me. Don't you guys agree!?!

You definately are not alone. I am a planning freak. Drives DH nuts. Right now I am planning 4 trips. We're driving to FL (from MN) in March, I'm going on a cruise in May, July we're goin to a cabin over the fourth and in August we're going to Disney!! I have never in my life had 4 vacations in one year. I'm trying to focus on one trip at a time though.

~Amy

There was a story this week based on a psychological study that says we're happiest when we're planning our vacations.

The actual trips may be fraught with cancellations, grumpy companions and dreams that go awry, but in planning we're anticipating wonderful times. We imagine, savour the moment, explore options ...

Maybe that's why I have a trip in two weeks, and today I just booked the ADRs for our summer trip to WDW. Oh, then there's the surprise trip for DD for MNSSHP ... you get the idea!

Happy planning everyone!

Count me in. It's the only thing getting me through this nightmare winter.

I left my computer at work today so I would take a break. Obviously that didn't work. I started going through withdrawals and kicked my kids off their computer so I could get my fix.

Count me in. It's the only thing getting me through this nightmare winter.

I left my computer at work today so I would take a break. Obviously that didn't work. I started going through withdrawals and kicked my kids off their computer so I could get my fix.

omg - I'm dying laughing! AND I just read these posts aloud to my DH & DD so that they'll realize they are not alone! :rotfl2:

My next WDW trip is in May. The planning for that was done, but then I added a couple of extra days with a friend that I also had to plan. ;) Then, that was done also, so I convinced my family that we should do DCL and WDW in March of next year. I really started going headlong into that trip but was stymied when I couldn't book anything through CRO. :rolleyes1 I thought that might kill the beast but now I'm just reading about other people's trips!!

I lOVE planning Disney trips. I'm starting another one really soon. Luckily, DH is a project manager and planning is one of his strengths. Therefore, he thinks I'm normal!

:wave: Another planning addict here. I'm also a teacher and all the snow days we've been having this winter are just enabling the addiction!

I'm actually planning reconnaissance missions during our upcoming August trip to help plan our 2011 trip... :blush:

I'm addicted to planning Disney trips too. We're not going until the first two weeks in December and I have my ADR figured out already. My husband just humors me.

Hello my name is doggydoc and I'm a planning junkie too! :yay:

Im so glad I am not the only one, I am planning our trip for December and for our next trip next September. Its an addiction :)

:surfweb: It's so ridiculous how much I enjoy planning. Definitely an addiction, but I don't want to kick it!:banana:

Is it an issue that our next trip is 375 days away & I already know what park on what day & where we are eating every meal?

My OCD problem is planning trips!!! Nothing else really gets to me, but start talking about a vaca anywhere.....and I start planning!!! I've been working on our up coming Disney trip since last year, and have loved every minute of it! Then is July, we are going to a Nascar race, so I've been planning that all out.....in one day I printed off the packing list for Disney AND the packing list for the RV for the races! Never a dull moment when it comes to planning.....and I'm back on the DIS....been here twice already today. But don't worry, I don't have a problem:thumbsup2

I told my siblings about this thread last night as we drove home, they busted a gut laughing!

Glad I'm not alone :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter