• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

added extra night.......hmmm?

Iluvjiminy

Mouseketeer
I'm taking my daughter to WDW the end of the month for graduation. Our original plan was June 30 thru July 7. We will be leaving a day early so I called to add an extra night (room only) to our reservation. I had to make a seperate reservation :confused3 which was $181.48 for one night at the All Star Movies :scared1: Good grief, I didnt check rates.....is that high??? :confused:

Thanks for your input.

I priced it out on the reservations page on the Disney site and it says $174.00 a night with the tax.

You shouldn't have to make a separate reservation. I just added one night on to our stay and they just added it to the existing one. You have to call to do it.

The price on the Disney page is going to come up as the regular rate. Then you have to find the special offers on the page and go through those to get the discount rate.

I am always kind of confused as to why people don't go through travel agents...there is no guesswork. If you are entitled to a discount, we find it. If you need a change, we make it.

thanks for the info - I did actually call and talk to a CM. Shes the one that said I needed a seperate reservation and quoted the price.

You shouldn't have to make a separate reservation. I just added one night on to our stay and they just added it to the existing one. You have to call to do it.

The price on the Disney page is going to come up as the regular rate. Then you have to find the special offers on the page and go through those to get the discount rate.

I am always kind of confused as to why people don't go through travel agents...there is no guesswork. If you are entitled to a discount, we find it. If you need a change, we make it.

Most ppl don't use travel agents because we like to be in control of our own reservation and not have to call someone else to make changes. And not all TA's are going to be diligent and keep checking for discounts that might apply to their client's upcoming trips. If I do it myself I know what I am and am not getting.

I have never had any trip I have ever taken in my life that a travel agent was able to get me a better rate than I could get myself. I have priced out plenty of trips with plenty of travel agents, even with AAA and I can always get the same discounts that were ever offered to me by a TA. Now there may be some out there that have some special tricks up their sleeve, but it hasn't been my experience.

thanks for the info - I did actually call and talk to a CM. Shes the one that said I needed a seperate reservation and quoted the price.

Was your original reservation for a package or room discount that has now expired? This is the only reason I can see for making you make a separate reservation for an extra day. Maybe I missed something.

If you already have a package and you are adding room-only, such as the OP, then you have two separate reservations. Room only and packages have two separate types of coding and require separate reservations.

I have to do this every year, since I arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving and that day is usually blacked out for promotions due to the holiday. I do a room-only reservation the first day and then a package the next 7 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter