Added a day!

msuhutton

Mouseketeer
We are arriving on WEDNESDAY!!!! So excited I can't sleep! We decided to add a day and get a park ticket for Wednesday afternoon. What should we do since it's just a half day? What would be totally awesome for my DD5 first experience of Disneyland? Our flight arrives around 11 so I figure we will be in the parks around 1.

On our first visit with my kiddos (2009), we headed right to the parks after checking in at the hotel. It was a short day, but crowds were low and we had a blast. We hit DCA first, and within seconds of walking in, DS (then 4yo), got to meet Mr. Incredible and Frozone. He was floored! We saw the Pixar Play Parade and had a really nice evening.

I'm sure you'll get to see some characters out and about, which will really get the magic started. Depending on what your DD likes, you could try to see some princesses, get a set of Mickey ears, stroll down Main Street, look for hidden Mickeys, just take your time and absorb it all.

You'll have a great time, even on a short day.

I would go to DCA first too. But it would be so I could get on what I consider the best ride at either park, Soarin. Then I would hit Cars Land and then the best rollercoaster in the place IMHO California Screamin over on Paradise Pier. I would then head over to Disneyland and do my second favorite ride at the parks, Pirates of the Caribbean and then whatever other major attractions at Disneyland I could hit before the park closed for the day.

Then I would do it all again the next day, and the next, and the next....:thumbsup2

We are arriving the same day! Just started getting our stuff ready to go this afternoon. I have a six year old girl and this is our 3rd trip since her 4th birthday. Where are you staying? It would be so cool if to DIS kids could say hello.

Wednesday afternoon should be relatively quiet. I would hit Disneyland first and enjoy are stroll or ride down main street. Maybe have some lunch or snack and then go to Fantasy land. The strorybook canal boats are really sweat, go on the carousel, if Dumbo doesn't have a long wait do that and then just kind of get the lay of the land with her. Maybe take a brief stroll through each of the areas she might be most interested in. Don't rush to stand in lines just experience the park it self for a couple hours. I always think this is a good time to just ride the train around the park, not as a mode of transportation but just to mellow out and take it all in.

Watch the parade and I would call it an early night so you are ready to go, go, go the next morning.

We packed today too! This is our first trip besides me and DH going as kids. We are super excited! This is our very first family vacation too! Thanks for the advice. Wednesday is still kinda up in the air but feels like I have a better idea on how to live the magic with my girls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter