Add Ons

plymouthmom

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

Would love some advice from you sage DVCers out there. We returned a month ago from our first DVC trip as owners. Stayed at SSR for a week. Great resort, crappy weather! Oh well, cannot control mother nature.

Here is my question. We own 100 points at OKW with a June use year. Are planning on adding on points at the end of this year or early next year. We are looking for another 100 points, preferably at Boardwalk, fell in love with it on our last visit. Is it best to look for a resale with the same use year, or do something opposite, like January? Just not sure how all of that works.

Our goal is to be able to go every other year, with enough points to do a grand villa. My kids are 14, 10, 8 and 6 so probably only 1 more trip for the 14 year old to WDW then more little trips with the younger kids.

Thoughts? Also, would love to hear everyone's thoughts on when to visit. I have been with my parents many times, many different times of year. My two trips with my kids have been mid October ( SO HOT but so fun!) and January ( WOW>>>SO COLD)

Thanks!

I recommend that you settle on the one UY that covers the majority of your travel dates. Multiple UYs are a pain to keep track of and we are selling off our second UY as we speak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter