Add ons

korbbec

DIS Veteran
If I wanted to add on to my contract and did it through resale, how do you know if you are getting an add-on vs another master contract? If you buy through Disney, is it automatically an add-on? If my home resort is OKW and I do an add-on, can it be for any resort or does switching resorts make it a new master? I think I know the answers to some of this, but I'm so unsure- any help is appreciated. Thank you.

If you add on through Disney they will sell you the same Use Year as your master and will set up your new contract as an "add on" to that master (same base contract number with an ".001" extension). You can add on points at any resort, it doesn't have to be the same resort as your master contract but must be the same UY.

If you really wanted a different UY then Disney will sell you the points. You have to buy at least 150 points and it would be a new master contract with a new membership number to go with it.

If you purchase resale and you buy the same UY and you have the same names on the deed, Disney can set it up as an add-on. I would make sure everyone in the chain (the broker, the closing company and MS) is aware that that is how you want it set up. If you purchase a different UY or you have different names on the deed, it cannot be set up as an add-on.

You can add on at any resort, but OKW points can be used at OKW at the 11 month window, and the other resorts points can be used at that resort for the 11 month window. They can not be combined for reservations until the 7 month window.

I can't answer your question about the resale vs. Disney add-on, we've only added on through Disney.

If you by through Disney any contract under 150 is automaticaly the same use year as your master contract, and is considered an add-on. You can purchase another master contract through Disney, with a different use year, but it must be a minimum of 150 points.

A few other important points: Disney does not charge closing costs when owners purchase additional points, the minimum add-on is 25 points (50 if you want to finance), and you get current Use Year points with your purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter