Add on direct or resale?

MUFFYCAT

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>S
Looking to add on 100 points to my BWV that I bought through resale in 2015. So I'm granfathered in to get discounts and perks that I want.
The resale market is very limited now besides being expensive. I'm wondering if it would be better to have some points bought directly from Disney.
Is 100 points to small for a new resort or stay with BWV?

I own 25 points at BWV and it suits my needs. But I don't see a reason to go direct.

Looking to add on 100 points to my BWV that I bought through resale in 2015. So I'm granfathered in to get discounts and perks that I want.
The resale market is very limited now besides being expensive. I'm wondering if it would be better to have some points bought directly from Disney.
Is 100 points to small for a new resort or stay with BWV?
Is there another resort for which you would like to have home resort booking priority? If so, would you be OK with doing every other year trips between that resort & BWV - or alternatively, be OK with split stays?

If the above doesn't sound like you, then my advice is to stick with the BWV - otherwise, you will regularly be using points at the 7 month window. Since you are grandfathered in for Membership Extras, there is very little advantage to going direct unless you ca't find what you want on the resale market or are n a hurry for the points. FWIW, I think there will be more contracts for sale towards the end of this year or early next.

Is there another resort for which you would like to have home resort booking priority? If so, would you be OK with doing every other year trips between that resort & BWV - or alternatively, be OK with split stays?

If the above doesn't sound like you, then my advice is to stick with the BWV - otherwise, you will regularly be using points at the 7 month window. Since you are grandfathered in for Membership Extras, there is very little advantage to going direct unless you ca't find what you want on the resale market or are n a hurry for the points. FWIW, I think there will be more contracts for sale towards the end of this year or early next.

Thank you. Your points were very helpful. I'm not in a rush so may sit still. Thanks aagain!

Resale will still be $65-70 less per point. I would contact several brokers and tell them what you want and get on their e-mail notification lists. Why through away $6,500 - $7,000 on a 100 point add-on.

I think there are so many different factors for every different case. For us, we bought Aulani direct as our first contract (we didn't know about resale yet), then we decided to buy a contract at Vero direct. First - buying older resorts direct is substantially less money than the newer resorts in most cases. I would say it cost us almost twice as much to buy Vero direct than resale. ($110 vs. $50-$60). But I also know we want to own at Vero for a very specific reason - we want a beach cottage during school vacation week in April which can be hard to get. And direct allows us a very good shot at that every year. Also direct allowed me to choose the exact UY and number of points we wanted for that plan. And also I am a little worried that they may opt to open different booking windows down the road for direct vs resale. (Like 11 mos vs 10 mos) Probably won't ever happen, but buying direct gave me a lot more peace of mind. Because we go to Vero for those cottages and that is the draw for us. So this is an example where direct was worth it to us. It's very case specific I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter