Add On Contract to VGC

bdrobet

Earning My Ears
Is it still possible to buy smaller add on contracts through Disney for VGC? I am very new to this and appreciate the assistance.

Brian

There are literally hundreds of names on a waiting list for Grand Californian points. I've heard of people waiting a year or more for the points to come available.

Once a resort is "sold out", the only way for Disney to acquire more points is through foreclosures or exercising its Right of First Refusal on resale transactions.

DVC will eventually build another resort at Disneyland but right now they are focused on selling as many Aulani (Hawaii) points as possible to west coast residents.

About a month ago I called my guide about a small add on at VCG (we own a bunch of points there already, a combination of direct an resale).

He looked at the wait list for my UY and there were people waiting for over 1000 points! Two were each looking for over 400 with a notation saying they would take any smaller sized contracts when they got to the top of the list. As my guide said, I was in for a very long wait.

In the end, he didn't even put me on the list, sating I'd have a better chance getting points resale faster than through him.

About a month ago I called my guide about a small add on at VCG (we own a bunch of points there already, a combination of direct an resale).

He looked at the wait list for my UY and there were people waiting for over 1000 points! Two were each looking for over 400 with a notation saying they would take any smaller sized contracts when they got to the top of the list. As my guide said, I was in for a very long wait.

In the end, he didn't even put me on the list, sating I'd have a better chance getting points resale faster than through him.

Do you mind sharing which UY that was for? We are on the waitlist and aren't in any particular hurry - 40-something years is a long time after all! And we have enough VGC point to make do with smaller rooms.

BUT I am considering changing my request to include any UY as I've been doing this long enough I think I could manage it if I had to.

Do you mind sharing which UY that was for? We are on the waitlist and aren't in any particular hurry - 40-something years is a long time after all! And we have enough VGC point to make do with smaller rooms.

BUT I am considering changing my request to include any UY as I've been doing this long enough I think I could manage it if I had to.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

It's June.

Another thing he said, which may or may not be accurate or even important, was the price now would only be held for me once on the wait list, for 6 months.

Another thing he said, which may or may not be accurate or even important, was the price now would only be held for me once on the wait list, for 6 months.

That is accurate. Policy changed about a year ago.

That is accurate. Policy changed about a year ago.

Although I had heard that as well, I went on the WL in March 2013 prior to the price increase. My WL came through in February 2014 and the points were still at the old price. This was for August UY. -- Suzanne

Although I had heard that as well, I went on the WL in March 2013 prior to the price increase. My WL came through in February 2014 and the points were still at the old price. This was for August UY. -- Suzanne

Thanks. I checked my notes and March '13 was when the policy changed. Perhaps you got on the list before the formal policy changed, so they grandfathered your pricing indefinitely.

Or it could have just been a clerical error with your add-on.

Either way, it's probably an "expect the worst" situation. DVC has been telling members about the 6-month add-on wait list cap for over a year now. It isn't just sales rhetoric.

I went on the waitlist in March 2013 for 100 pts for the Sept use year. I went on right before the last price increase. The waitlist finally came through about a month ago, nearly a year after getting on the waitlist. They honored the price before the increase. I wasn't sure they would as I had heard the 6 month limit of holding the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter