• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Add nights to BWV Reservation @ 7 month window using BLT points

LOUTED76

Mouseketeer
I booked 6 nights at BWV at 11 month window. Can I add nights to that reservation at 7 month window using BLT points?
I have contracts for BWV and BLT and need to use BLT points or they will expire, so I am hoping to add nights to BWV reservation at 7 months.

Yes, Book the adjoining nights you want with your BLT points. This will be a new reservation number. Then call/chat with MS to merge the 2 reservations together.

What you can't do is use the BLT points to replace the BWV points in the original reservation.

Yes, Book the adjoining nights you want with your BLT points. This will be a new reservation number. Then call/chat with MS to merge the 2 reservations together.

What you can't do is use the BLT points to replace the BWV points in the original reservation.
So I can’t modify online at 7 months and add the additional nights?

I think you can. Just select your BLT contract for the points. I've only done the other way. Good luck.,
Thanks peabody58. Hopefully it works when time comes.
I am used to doing split stays for 2 weeks but for shorter trip I just wanted to stay put.

Yes, you can modify and choose the BLT contract at 7 months and it will use those for the new nights.

Yes, you can modify and choose the BLT contract at 7 months and it will use those for the new nights.
Does the window open 7 months from the arrival date of the BWV reservation or from the nights to be added?

If it opens from the arrival date, that would seem to be a way around the priority booking period (albeit, not that much of an advantage), but I seem to remember that the window actually does open from the arrival date. Is that correct?

Does the window open 7 months from the arrival date of the BWV reservation or from the nights to be added?

If it opens from the arrival date, that would seem to be a way around the priority booking period (albeit, not that much of an advantage), but I seem to remember that the window actually does open from the arrival date. Is that correct?
I actually just found a thread from 2019 where they had same situation and it did open at arrival but I assume that is because then anyone can go on and book at least 7 nights using any points at that time anyway.
I will go on at 8am at 7 months from arrival and attempt to add my 7th night to my reservation.
I currently have 6 nights in Standard 1 Bed so hopefully standard 1 bed is still available at that time or I will have to modify to farden view and use even more points.
It is funny at in my 22 years as being a member I never attempted to modify at 7 months.

I actually just found a thread from 2019 where they had same situation and it did open at arrival but I assume that is because then anyone can go on and book at least 7 nights using any points at that time anyway.
Anyone could only book all the nights at that time if all the nights were available at that time (including the arrival night and all the nights previously booked during the home resort period).

But I hope it's true because, in general, I don't like to see split stays unless that is what the member wants.

Anyway, good luck! Hope it works put for you. I love the BWV 1 bedroom SV villas.

Yes, it opens 7 months out for the original reservation, but the contract used at 11 months is locked so you can’t get around not using that.

But, you can add more days, assuming that you don’t yet have 7 nights booked

So, while you may get a few days jump, you can’t swap out points…it will only pick up BLT points after the BWV points are used.

If there is still availability at 7 months for the same nights as the BWV reservation, shouldn't they be able to double book using the BLT points then modify the BWV reservation to eliminate the nights that are double booked? That is assuming they are not trying to eliminate a night in the middle of the BWV reservation.

Can you add a night to your reservation by paying cash for points? Is this only at 7 months? I want to book my BW points at 11 months but want one more night.

Can you add a night to your reservation by paying cash for points? Is this only at 7 months? I want to book my BW points at 11 months but want one more night.

The OTU points you can buy from DVC can only be bought at 7 months and you can get up to 24 per UY.

They are currently $19/pt.

I answered your other post too, don’t know which you’ll see first! You have to wait until 7 months before to buy the One Time Use Points for that last night. But I’d book what you can at 11 months and hope for availability of that last night at 7 months!

No, I’ve tried. You can’t do it until that new day is within the 7 month window.

You can if any of the days you want are still available. I have done it plenty of times. The main contract stays locked but you can now choose the second contract to be used as well.

But, I will add that the system will always used up the home resort points, sans banked and borrowed from non home resort, before you can use the non home resort current UY points.

You can if any of the days you want are still available. I have done it plenty of times. The main contract stays locked but you can now choose the second contract to be used as well.

But, I will add that the system will always used up the home resort points, sans banked and borrowed from non home resort, before you can use the non home resort current UY points.
This has always worked for me as well (so long as I’m following the rules & using my home resort points first). It’s not a workaround either, bc anyone can go on & book their trip @7mo using any points they’d like. The only difference is that my home priority *might* give me the ability to add those nights on more easily (by not sweating it out right when booking opens since I already have *that* day locked in), but I’m still booking a trip from the 7mo date & any owner can swoop in and grab a date I’m hoping to add on before that window opens.

Example- I booked 2 rooms at AKL for extended family next May. I own at AK, but had already used up most of those points for my own family trip in January. Since I knew competition would be tough at 7 months (for Jambo), I booked the first night for each room with my AK points. Let’s say I booked May 20-21, but really wanted May 20-24. On Oct 19, an owner took May 22 for the std studio I wanted. On Oct 20, I was able to go on & modify both reservations bc it was officially in the 7mo window… the 2-bed savanna room was easy to just add the necessary nights, but I had to switch the std studio to savanna since that had full availability. I used BCV & VGF (same UY) points to complete both bookings. On Oct 21, May 22 showed back up in std view, so I yet again modified to grab the cheaper Jambo room. So, as I said- it isn’t cheating in any way & it ended up not even helping me with the studio. Owners can always come in and get what they want before the 7mo switch.

This has always worked for me as well (so long as I’m following the rules & using my home resort points first). It’s not a workaround either, bc anyone can go on & book their trip @7mo using any points they’d like. The only difference is that my home priority *might* give me the ability to add those nights on more easily (by not sweating it out right when booking opens since I already have *that* day locked in), but I’m still booking a trip from the 7mo date & any owner can swoop in and grab a date I’m hoping to add on before that window opens.

Example- I booked 2 rooms at AKL for extended family next May. I own at AK, but had already used up most of those points for my own family trip in January. Since I knew competition would be tough at 7 months (for Jambo), I booked the first night for each room with my AK points. Let’s say I booked May 20-21, but really wanted May 20-24. On Oct 19, an owner took May 22 for the std studio I wanted. On Oct 20, I was able to go on & modify both reservations bc it was officially in the 7mo window… the 2-bed savanna room was easy to just add the necessary nights, but I had to switch the std studio to savanna since that had full availability. I used BCV & VGF (same UY) points to complete both bookings. On Oct 21, May 22 showed back up in std view, so I yet again modified to grab the cheaper Jambo room. So, as I said- it isn’t cheating in any way & it ended up not even helping me with the studio. Owners can always come in and get what they want before the 7mo switch.

There is also often some movement (not so much with the hard to get rooms) at seven months as an owner might decide they want to switch resorts. You can't COUNT on it, and there may be more people waiting for rooms to be released than home resort owners switching, but it does happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter