Actual Real Fantasmic! Experiences

2 hours wait time is what you get when you want to ride space mountain , pooh and splash mountain ...in Tokyo:)

well... not that it made anything more fun but...

Just returned from WDW this evening, and thought I would report on our Fantasmic experience last Wednesday, March 18.

We went to the 10:00 p.m. show, and there were plenty of unfilled seats in the farthest two side sections on both sides.. We got in line about 9:15, but we could have walked in at 9:55 and pretty much have gotten the same seats that we had.

I know that the 8:30 show, however, was completely filled by 8:10 (and probably well before that).

Everything went smoothly, and the show was great. No problems.

I should mention that Hollywood Studios was packed all day long. We got to Rock n Roller Coaster by 9:15 a.m., and the Standby Line was already 80 minutes by that point. My wife got in line at 9:15 a.m. to get Toy Story Mania fast passes, and it took her 20 minutes to get the passes.

I can't compare to a non-Fantasmic day, since this was the only day we went to Studios, but I would bet that non-Fantasmic days were less crowded.
Crowds were pretty large throughout the entire week, but the ones at Studios were definitely the most congested that we experienced.

We'll be visiting The World from June 18-29 and bringing friends, who will leave on the 26th. As it stands currently, Fantasmic will be showing on the 19th, 20th, 21st and 24th at 9:00pm. What is the likelihood of two shows on one or more of those nights? If not, I'm thinking the 20th might be the "lightest" night. I suspect the 19th and 24th showings will be the most crowded as it will have been a couple of days since the previous showing. And the 21st may be more likely to draw a heavier crowd as it is the last in a run, so to speak. I would love feedback from any disers who may have visited during a similar Fantasmic schedule.

Thanks all! I LOVE this community!

We're going to "the World next week. Fantasmic is showing Sunday & Thursday. (We don't arrive until monday) so I figured we'd do Thurs pm show, just noticed last week that they added a 2nd show so its 8:30 & 10p.

(touring plans says avoid HS, EP, & MK) plus I figure all the folks that dont have park hopper tickets will be at HS that day.. So we're heading to AK in the AM, then later we'll go on over to HS to take in some attractions & Fant.

I have been planning on getting the dinner package, then just yesterday thought maybe not since when we are going is a time of lower attendence, November? Has anyone gone last November 2009, a week or 2 weeks before Turkey Day ? I really want to see the show as we missed it last year and I think last time we saw it was back in 97 maybe

We went in September 2009. I think there was just one scheduled for the week before we got there. During the week we were there they not only added another one later during the week but they added a 2nd showing the night we were there. We couldn't get a F! DP (was also during FD) but our TA got us into 50's Prime Time at 4:30. We got in line around 6:30pm and they started letting us in. The line was sectioned off to one side and the walking vendors were on the other side- selling drinks, beer and snacks- Hubby waved his hand frantically and grabbed one- by then other guys ;) were hollering for him too.

DD noticed she no longer had her Star Wars Princess set from the store and started crying, so I waved DH on with the kids while I turned around and literally wound my way against the crowd back out (yeah, like I really was going to find it still sitting on the floor outside Star Tours or in the 50's restaurant we had eaten) Going back in was not as hard, the majority of the crowd had already sat down, plenty of seats along the sides and back. I'd say took me half hour to go out and get back? DH and the kids were mid center, 12 rows from the front near the aisle- great seats I shouldn't have worried. By then we were hungry again so DH went to the concessions in the stadium and paid OOP pretzels, hot dogs and drinks.(Hindsight I'd rather bring CS dinner in than to eat a really early TS dinner)

An hour's wait isn't long when you're eating. After walking around on an extremely hot and humid day, it was really nice to sit back and just rest tired, aching feet. We struck a conversation with a family from England who was visiting for 2 weeks, who tries to come every year and always sees Fantasmic! The crowd started doing the wave, someone had a beach ball, and it was a very lighthearted, expectant crowd.

The 2nd showing was 9:30 and the line was long, down the hill and curved around but as other people have pointed out, the stadium is huge so I doubt that one was filled to capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter