Actual current policy for pregnancy

kuhljeanie

Earning My Ears
hi everyone! there had been a little discussion on this earlier, what with some inconsistencies in what documentation was really required, etc., hearing different things every time i called and asked.

was on the Magic jan 3-8, and i will be honest, i was a few days past the allowed 24 weeks. having said that, i've had the smoothest pregnancy ever, and my doctor was 100% in favor of my going. i also didn't look huge (unlike my first pregnancy. :) clearly pregnant, but not enormous.) i had his OK to cruise letter on me, but when we checked in at MCO, not a single word was said about it - no documentation requested, no confirmation of dates, nada, nothing. same for the security etc. and boarding at the port. nothing on the ship either!

so there you have it. get it on file while you're making your reservation, and that's it. the website will tell you that you need to complete a medical form and get it to them 30 days prior to sailing, but you actually don't.

Had they done a check and discovered you had entered your 24th week, you would not have been allowed to board regardless of what you doctor says. The reason they want the medical form is so the medical staff is aware so if anything happens to you, they have the information already.

Expectant mothers may do as they wish but should do so with the full knowledge that the ships are NOT equipped for trouble should something happen. Murphy's Law can bite anyone in the butt...no matter how well things are going.

Youse rolls the dice and takes yer chances.

Thanks for the confirmation!
I was a bit concerned about having no documents to turn in but I was told by several CMs already and if they say anything I spose I can have them do a medical check on me onboard ... :) (I'm less than 24 weeks).

From the Disney Cruise FAQ:

"Question
Can I sail if I am pregnant?
Answer
Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of their embarkation date will be refused passage due to safety concerns. Neither a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. In addition, Disney Cruise Line cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage."

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/health-safety/pregnancy/

Can you get on-board past 24 weeks by simply not telling Disney you are pregnant? Probably. Would that be a good idea? In my opinion, no. If something adverse were to occur on-board, you would only have yourself to blame for any consequences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter