Actual Car Rental Experiences at MCO

I am reading about all the horrible car rental experiences around the country and am hoping to hear of some actual recent experiences at MCO. In particular, was the car you reserved actually available and/or was your reservation rate honored?

Thank you.
I've rented from Enterprise at MCO twice, and both times had a great experience. Got the rate I was promised, a good car, and no hassles upon the return.

The nightmare stories mostly come from the discount rental places. I recommend avoiding those.

I really love Alamo. I've always had excellent service with them. They're just SOOO pricey this trip. It's a little painful to think about but I haven't ruled out switching.

I've considered doing that. It's considerably more for me, but still less than Alamo. I can't seem to confirm anywhere that with Avis you can go directly to your car at MCO. Can you? I'm still seeing something online about having to use a kiosk in the garage even as a preferred member.
I've been renting only through Avis at MCO the past few years. If you are 'preferred', you can go straight out to the garage. There is a board there that should have your space number. Every once in a while it says to see agent, which means I have to wait to talk to the person at the booth there. If you use their app, they will tell you what car you have, and what cars are available to trade for. Avis does NOT have "select and go" at this location past the app car selection.

We stayed at the airport Hyatt on 4/20, as our original flight was going to get in at midnight. So I reserved a midsize SUV for 4/21 at 8 am from Alamo and had done skip the counter. The row we were directed to was fully stocked and we had several model choices. As we drove out, I noticed a whole row of pickups available. Returning the car was no problem and took less than 5 minutes.

Has anyone seen the offerings for Alamo in the Luxury Elite SUV category?

Last time we were there they didn’t have an aisle marked for this category, the attendant had to help us.

I got back April 25th. Picked up car on the 18th. Alamo. No issues, no line because I used Costco but went onto the Alamo site and checked in there. Then just walked to the row with my sized car (standard SUV) , picked one, and drove to the exit. Same as usual except the PRICE. I did see long lines at the rental desks in the airport.

I rent with National all over the country, MCO’s location ALWAYS has the best and most accommodating inventory for all needs. I strongly recommend using National’s Emerald/Executive Isle

So no issues canceling? I was worried it was one of those "sounds too good to be true" deals when I saw free cancelation.
I sent an email through the Contact Us on their site when I couldn't link the Budget reservation with my Fastbreak account.

We arrived at 9:40 Friday, April 30th. I had an SUV booked with Budget through Costco. I was able to link it with my Fastbreak account. We walked over to the garage. When we first got there, there wasn't an attendant, but she was back within 5 minutes. We were second in line. We got our assigned car, linked it with our Sunpass, Clorox wiped it all down, and were at the MK before 11:00 a.m. There were a ton of cars. We returned at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, May 3rd and the return lines were full as were all of the aisles.

I have a reservation with Avis with the 50% off UCT rate for the first week of June. Not gonna lie - I'm nervous. I've called Avis to add my member number to bypass the desk and have been told that's not possible with my rate (which seems to jive with what people are saying here). I'm nervous about both an hour plus wait at the desk and/or there not being a car available. My flight is scheduled to land at 9am and is usually a bit early. It's just me, so I don't need a specific size car.

I have actually considered canceling the UCT reservation and just paying the higher rates so I can walk right out to the car (usually book with Alamo).

Thoughts, experiences, and advice welcome!

so I just returned Sunday, and I had a reservation with UT. Originally I had one with UT that was for budget, I called UT and asked if they were hearing issues with budget. The rep all but said yes. So, I bit the bullet, canceled the budget reservation and and they sent me a new link and I paid double for Alamo. We rented from Friday April 23 to May 2nd. I did have to go to the line due to it being a prepaid reservation. However, I only waited about 20 minutes. I had a standard reservation and got to the full size aisle and was able to grab a van. It was slim picking. Everything went smoothly. Hope this helps anyone who rents using UT.

No problem for our mid-April trip at all. I will say that I literally can’t abide any rental companies outside of National Car Rental. I do have status, though, so that helps. Today I rented a car (not at MCO) “the old fashioned way” from Enterprise and yuck. I’m so spoiled!

Arrived at noon and Emerald Aisle was slim pickings. Toyota Tacoma four door pickup truck, small Mitsubishi SUV, a couple new Kia Optimas and a Mazda Miata. Hung out for a couple minutes and a Chrysler Voyager came out.

Emerald Executive was mostly full. F150 four door pickup, several Chargers/Challengers, Pacificas, Mustangs, Camaros, and a handful of Infiniti QX80s.

I am reading about all the horrible car rental experiences around the country and am hoping to hear of some actual recent experiences at MCO. In particular, was the car you reserved actually available and/or was your reservation rate honored?

Thank you.
We’ve always used Alamo, love their skip the line and go right to your car service! Never had a problem! Last rental was March 26,2021-April 2! We did try to reserve a car for a short weekend last weekend and they were completely sold out! That was weird. No biggie for us, we just used Lyft, probably saved us money for the shorter trip anyhow. Lol.

HI
Arrived April 19th and had an Intermediate reserved for 11 nights with Alamo. Same rental I always get with the same company. Just as before, I just walk out to the Alamo area and go to the SUV aisle and took my choice. No muss and no fuss. Coming home on Apr 30th, it took longer for us to get our luggage out then get our check out receipt.

My next trip is on Sep 19th for 11 nights. But looking at different companies because my rental is 3+ times what it usually is. So I will be watching this thread with great interest.
Just booked with Budget because it was only twice the cost. I will continue to shop day in day out until I get what I want.

We arrived on May 8th On Delta. We went to lower level and discovered we had to track back to A gates as all the car rentals are there now.
we had Fastbreak prepaid with Budget but so did a LOT of other folks. We all waited in a long queue rather than being able to grab paperwork and head to a car and go. The staff were very stressed and short handed.

We arrived on May 8th On Delta. We went to lower level and discovered we had to track back to A gates as all the car rentals are there now.
we had Fastbreak prepaid with Budget but so did a LOT of other folks. We all waited in a long queue rather than being able to grab paperwork and head to a car and go. The staff were very stressed and short handed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter