Activities in the Kids Club

My seven year old spent as much time as possible in the Lab and Club on our 8 night cruise. She would plan her entire day around GaGa Ball but she also really liked the volcano, crafting, spa stuff (when I picked her up she had fingernail polish and a "tattoo" on), hide and seek, and something she described as super hero stuff. She liked the computer games as well and I was ok with that since it's her vacation too and I wanted her to do what she enjoyed doing. We had an agreement that before she played computer games she would try out whatever activity was going on to see if she liked it.

On our next cruise she will be 8 and I plan to give her conditional sign out privileges. Like, she can sign herself out at a time we agreed upon beforehand to meet up with us at a specific spot. I don't like the idea of kids signing themselves out of clubs just to wander around with their friends. We saw so many obnoxious, ill behaved groups of kids playing in the elevators, hanging out on the stairs, walking (and yelling) up and down the hallways, and so on, on our last cruise. I would prefer my kids not become an annoyance. (Not that they necessarily would, they're great kids but get a bunch of kids in a group and the common sense goes down and the obnoxiousness goes up.)

I agree. I really am big on giving independence to my children when they are ready. (I remember getting blasted on a breastfeeding forum for letting my oldest drink out of a straw cup at 10 months because he refused to nurse and did not want a bottle. Yes, I pumped for months and he drank out of that straw cup. He is fine now. Also, he potty trained before he was two. Don't even want to know how people thought I was damaging him for life with that one!)

I am glad to know more about the kids club from everyone. I think my boys will enjoy it and won't be sitting playing video games all the time. And can adults play this Gaga ball?

My 10 year old loved the club, I had to drag him out. He did like the video games, but made a friend, and they would have competitions to see who could get the highest scores on the games. So there was definitely a social aspect for him as well. He did sometimes miss the organized activities if he missed the announcement (he tunes the world out when he's focused on something) but he loved GaGa Ball, the Pirates of the Caribbean game and another that's escaping me at the moment... My 6 year old made Flubber and loved that, and also did some of the other organized activities. Oh and they enjoyed Human Bingo as well, you get a Bingo card with questions like "who has a cat" or "who has blue eyes" and you had to find a CM or another kid that fit the question and then write their name down.

The number one attraction is the video games...swarms of boys 7-11 playing video games.

My 10 year old would like to know...what are some of the games they do have there?:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter