• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Action Stations

mermaidbride1108

Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09
I'm still working on our menu:surfweb: Didn't they used to have a Mashed Potato Action Station? Do anyone know if they still offer this?

Also, has anyone had a pasta action station? What was offered as choices?

Thanks!:cutie:

My wedding is in March and we are having both those stations for our action station dinner reception. They will do whatever you want! We created our menu from a combonation of wedding venues in the area. . .

Mashed Potato Bar
Carving Station
Pasta Station
Salad Station
Tropical Fruit Table with Yogurt Dipping Sauces

Pretty Peony is exactly right. They will do whatever you want. When I was looking for menu options, my planner told me to make a list of what we really like and go from there. I also sat and went through pretty much every Disney menu that I could find online and made a big list of items I thought were interesting and made suggestions for changes. This gave us a starting point for what to put in the action stations. We also had a potato bar, carving station and pasta station. So much food and even though I hadn't eaten all day, I could barely eat anything...so unlike me!!! I might have pictures...

We are having the mashed potato action station but they called it mashed potato martini bar. We were also offered the pasta action station the options listed on the new epcot menus are:

penne pasta with grilled chicken, corn, tomato, cilatro ane jack cheese
whole wheat pasta with grilled veggies, basil pesto cream and parm cheese
cheese tortellini with shrimp, artichoke, red pepper and belle paese cream

$15.25 / guest for 1 choice
$19.00/ guest for 2 choices
$22.00/ guest for 3 choices

I am sure you can change the options, we were told that the menus were more of a base and you could change them however you wanted.

This is the only pic that really shows the Action Stations...Carving at the front, Potato beside and the Pasta in the background. Most people didn't make it to the pasta station as it was kind of hidden.

A0966.jpg

Not action stations, but since we are talking food, here are the rest of our food pics...
Mickey-Roni & Cheese and Chicken of some sort (Can't remember!)
A0967.jpg

Two Veggie options...broccoli, asparagus, carrots and a roasted veggie medley including peppers and potatoes.
A0968.jpg

Maple Glazed Salmon (recipe from the Canadian Pavilion) and you can see the salad bar in the background
A0969.jpg

This was the hot food station which was placed in front of the action stations...you can also see our Pretzel Bread and Cheese Soup (also from the Canadian Pavilion)
A0965.jpg

I hated that we had server guys that followed us around...so weird and uncomfortable to be like I would like this much of that, and this not that. I'm not sure what I'm doing in this pic, but I was hating every minute...especially how they mixed everything on the plate and not apart like I like!!
A0971.jpg

So, I waited til they went into the kitchen to run back up!
May062008065.jpg

Thanks you so much for all of your responses! I love mashed potatoes and I thought I had heard of a Potato Martini action station - I am so getting it!!!

What did you include in your Potato Martini Action Station?

Also Scottish Canadian - you just helped me out with what veggies to pick! Asparagus, Broccoli, & Carrots. I really like the set-up in the pictures you posted.

Another question: for carving stations, is there a chicken carving station? has anyone had it?

We are having the mashed potato action station but they called it mashed potato martini bar. We were also offered the pasta action station the options listed on the new epcot menus are:

penne pasta with grilled chicken, corn, tomato, cilatro ane jack cheese
whole wheat pasta with grilled veggies, basil pesto cream and parm cheese
cheese tortellini with shrimp, artichoke, red pepper and belle paese cream

$15.25 / guest for 1 choice
$19.00/ guest for 2 choices
$22.00/ guest for 3 choices

I am sure you can change the options, we were told that the menus were more of a base and you could change them however you wanted.

This pasta station sounds so GOOD! But DF said no pasta:confused3 he said it's too messy plus we needed to pick out our top choices so we cut pasta.

My wedding is in July and we're working on a menu right now. We're doing mostly action stations- I'm southern and my df is Greek- we wanted to incorporate that- here's ours:

Italian Station- Choice of marinara or vodka sauce with penne pasta
Garlic bread sticks, cheese, etc...

Greek Station- Gyros with choice of lamb or pork- tzakeki sauce, cucumber, tomatoes, etc.
Greek Salad

Southern Station- Beef carving station
Okra and Tomato saute
White Chedder Mac & Cheese
Potato Martini Bar- Ours has a choice of Yukon Gold mashed potatoes with Sour Cream, Butter, etc.. or Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup and nuts

You really can do whatever you want and the chefs at Epcot were great and really enjoy trying new things!!

Does anyone know if you can have an ice cream topping bar? with every topping known to man or mouse.. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter