ACNielsen Homescan program?

AuroraBorealis

DIS Veteran
I keep getting emails inviting me to join the ACNielsen Homescan program. They are coming through to my personal email address (not the one I use for signing up for freebies or whatnot.)

I know Nielsen does TV ratings, but I have not heard of the homescan program before.

Is this a scam? Does anybody know anything about this program?

I've googled it and opinion seems to be divided over if it is legit or not.

I belong to this; the website is www.homescan.com. Basically you have a scanner and you are supposed to scan the barcodes off of everything you buy by store, and then transmit the info weekly. You earn points, which you can then redeem for stuff. The longer you do it, the more points you get. I've done it about a year and have already gotten a crock pot; I'm currently aiming for a deluxe set of baking pans. It is a bit of work; my dad and I do it together to make it go faster - he hands me items and I scan them. They also have regular contests; I won $25 once. It definitely is time-consuming; I hear most people quit it after they realize how much effort it can take. I don't have kids, but I can't imagine doing it with little ones begging for attention, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter