• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Achilles/heel pain??

erin1715

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I've been having pain in the back of my heel below my ankle but not on the bottom of my foot and I've never had a problem like this before. The pain is only there when I try to bend over at the waist (can't do a hanging stretch). It feels like a tingling/pulling sensation and it does hurt. I can walk and probably even run, although I haven't pushed the running lately because of this. I've been active most of my life and I can't think of anything that I changed that could have caused this other than wearing less supportive shoes, such as flats, flip flops, etc. I've since bought insoles that are designed for over pronation and have been wearing sneakers.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. It seems to be a little bit better but I still can't really bend at the waist without getting this pain.

Has anyone experienced this? And if so, what helped?

I've had similar issues resulting from tight calf muscles. Mine developed after wearing shoes with less heel drop (brooks pure cadence,newtons, Merrill barefoot). I began stretching my calf as much as possible. Up to 5 times a day. I also switched to a shoe with more of a drop (standard shoe) until I heal completely. Also try to do eccentric heel drops (search for them online). Hope this helps. Hope your recovery is quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter