Accu weather or weather.com???

FloridaMM

Mouseketeer
I've been checking both weather sights and they are giving totally different forecasts :confused3 for our upcoming trip. Which have you used and was it accurate?

Accuweather is usually more accurate for me. It could be pouring rain and weather.com will have it listed as sunny. They're almost never right. You could always try a local weather website too.

http://www.wftv.com/
I check the others as well, but find that the tv stations tend to have more accurate info. They don't project as far out, but that's okay. I have yet to see anyone accurately predict more than 5 days out!

No matter what service you use, don't rely on information being accurate more than 2-3 days out. I am going the week of December 10 and ever since that week entered the 15 day range, it has literally gone from a forecast of 62 to 78 to 70 to 62 and up to 70 again for 12/10.

No matter what service you use, don't rely on information being accurate more than 2-3 days out. I am going the week of December 10 and ever since that week entered the 15 day range, it has literally gone from a forecast of 62 to 78 to 70 to 62 and up to 70 again for 12/10.

Absolutely this. :thumbsup2

If you're more than a couple of days out from your trip, no site is going to be accurate.

Funny you should mention this. DW and I were just talking about this today as we'll be there the same time. I told her "lets see how much Accuweather has changed today." Just like you said, the temps have gone up and down. It's gone from cloudy and rainy, to sun and partly cloudy.

accuweather and weather.com are the worst websites to get weather info from, all they do is take the computer models at face value without any human interpretation (like our local meterologists do). The best way to get an accurate forecast is to go to the local news channel's website. Second best would be www.wunderground.com , the forecast on this site is pulled directly from NOAA's forecast (pretty accurate). As was said before, weather forecasting is only reliable out to about 3 days, after that they just focus on trends or climatology.

When I first checked our week, we were scheduled for "brilliant sunshine." Two days later, mostly rain, today only 2 days of rain and only 20% chance at that. I am convinced there is no way to accurately predict florida weather!

I am convinced there is no way to accurately predict florida weather!
That's pretty much it! No one knows what kind of weather to expect from week to week or even day to day. During the winter months, cold fronts come through the state and change the weather overnight.

I don't understand why tourists don't use local forecasts over national forecasts...local television stations are much more accurate than weather.com or Accuweather. :confused3

Ditto.

I have been taking screenshots of their forecast for the last several days and Monday the 10th has been anywhere from 84 to 62.

aSecond best would be www.wunderground.com , the forecast on this site is pulled directly from NOAA's forecast (pretty accurate). As was said before, weather forecasting is only reliable out to about 3 days, after that they just focus on trends or climatology.

Why not just go directly to the NOAA web site at http://www.crh.noaa.gov/crh/ Not only do you get the forecast, but look for the link to the forecast discussion and read why they forecast it. Just click on the map. As accurate as anything I have used. No advertising either.

What zip code or city name do you use for WDW? weather.com I just put in walt disney world but I'm not sure for the other sites. Would Orlando be accurate?

Why not just go directly to the NOAA web site at http://www.crh.noaa.gov/crh/ Not only do you get the forecast, but look for the link to the forecast discussion and read why they forecast it. Just click on the map. As accurate as anything I have used. No advertising either.

Regardless of the website, our local mets tend to be better than the NWS guys, thats why I said second best. The forecast discussion will not appeal to most people, it's pretty dry and littered with somewhat confusing meteorological terms.

Funny you should mention this. DW and I were just talking about this today as we'll be there the same time. I told her "lets see how much Accuweather has changed today." Just like you said, the temps have gone up and down. It's gone from cloudy and rainy, to sun and partly cloudy.

That's right a week or so back I remember they had 3 days of rain, now nothing.

I would agree with others. Far out you can look at national sites but when you start getting close enough switch over to local coverage. They spend much more time on just focussing on MCO weather and it seems to be more accurate. But realize that 50% of the time they may be wrong. :)

I've been checking both weather sights and they are giving totally different forecasts :confused3 for our upcoming trip. Which have you used and was it accurate?

Pack in layers. Wake up and put on the weather, go outside, see how it feels, and dress accordingly for that day with the ability to add or remove layers 10-15 degrees either way.

If you pack for layers, you will not need a heavy coat and a few pairs of shorts won't make or break your packing strategy.

What zip code or city name do you use for WDW? weather.com I just put in walt disney world but I'm not sure for the other sites. Would Orlando be accurate?

Moltiva, I use zip 32830 or lake buena vista. But if you use orlando you will probably get the correct temps, maybe a slightly different rain forecast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter