Accounting PI Requirements?

Belle0

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I was wondering if any former Accounting PIs could tell me about the requirements. I emailed the general program, but they were unhelpful. Just basically said to look when the posting comes online. But I've looked at that in previous years and it just says be "junior standing" I believe.

I would like to know which specific accounting courses I should have completed.

I ask because I am working towards my second bachelors: I only have to complete business and accounting courses. So I'm kind of a junior standing already but obviously haven't completed many accounting courses yet.

By April 2016, I will have completed Financial and Managerial Accounting.

Are there any other courses I should have before I apply?

Thanks!

My PI wasn't in accounting, so I can't provide that specific input

But in my experience, I haven't heard of any PI requiring a specific set of classes but rather a set of skills. I had several fellow interns in my department working on their masters (with very unrelated bachelors) and they were asked more about general skills and understanding than they were specific classes. I know that one of them is actually taking a class this semester that directly relates to her work at Disney so she basically started learning on the job and then is getting the schooling later. In my case, I studied marketing and did a PI in digital analytics - something that generally requires a quantitative degree and statistics skills, neither of which I had.

I say go for it. It will probably have you submit an unofficial transcript and the recruiter will be able to determine if you will have taken the courses they desire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter