Accomodating Eating Schedules...How do I do it?

GoofItUp

DIS Veteran
This is the first time I'm going to WDW with a group rather than just immediate family and I'm starting to get nervous! I know that many of you have done this and I would appreciate some advice as to how to make it work. Members of the group are: myself & DH, MIL & FIL, SIL & her DH & kids (DD4 & DS<1). Here's the dilemma: yesterday I sent an e-mail to my MIL & SIL regarding some places to make PS's. They have asked me to put together some kind of schedule and I wanted to run it all by them before I start calling this Friday. Most everything went alright as I just listed one PS per day and indicated 'late lunch' or 'dinner' beside the restaurant. SIL did not want to go to Boma's after she looked over the menu which is fine with me since there are plenty of places I want to try and can find another easily. We were going to do dinner at Boma's after AK closed. She suggested doing a breakfast instead. No problem....except that they want to eat at 10:30. Being as AK opens at 10:00 (probably) and I consider this prime animal-viewing time, I really don't want to sit around until our 10:30 breakfast and not get to the park until noon. DH and I are early risers, but SIL & her DH are not. What do I do to accomodate everyone?

Personally what would I do... I'd tell SIL that I can't wait that long to eat breakfast and I wanted to get to AK early while the animals are still pretty active. If they want to wait that long to eat, tell them to eat then, and you'll meet up with them later at AK. DH and I also get up early, and I know I couldn't wait until 10:30 to eat, I'd pass out!!!

I would keep your dinner at Boma...great place to stop after AK park day...and then you can walk out and see the animals again, tour the lodge leisurely, etc. Makes for a very nice evening.

What I learned when traveling with other people...sometimes we need to split up and have sometime on our own...too much closeness...lol

Here is what I did on my one an only group trip (and I probably WON'T organize another one!) I made the schedules and announced that everyone could opt in or out, just let me know. With three family units you will NEVER please everyone.

I actually think a break is good, if you go around like a giant 8 legged spider you are bound to get on each other's nerves (in most cases!)

It sounds to me like you are planning on spending 24/7 together which in MHO is a recipie for heartache! LOL

I would have "together time" and "alone time"! Heck, decide it in advance and put it on the schedule.

If you are early risers and they are not, it's a no win situation if one of your tries to please the other. You get up and go early and plan to meet up with them for afternoon activities.

Good luck!

wdwo

Another suggestion if you want to do Boma together for breakfast, is to make your Ps for an EE day at AK. You family hit the parks at opening, and put in a couple good hours and then make your breakfast Ps for 10:30 and all meet up there. I agree 24/7 is too much time together!

Jordan's mom

Thanks for the replies. We are definitely NOT spending 24/7 together. In fact, I was planning the PS's as one thing each day we could do together, and everybody could do as they please - together or not - the rest of the day. Believe me, I'm the first to admit that this group together 24/7 is a recipe for disaster!

Regarding EE days - the last time I went (week after TG) there were no EE days. This time we are going the week of TG...can I expect that there will be EE days? I think DH and I hitting AK on an EE day and then meeting them for breakfast at 10:30 would really work well if there are EE days then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter