Accommodation on International Drive

lynned

Earning My Ears
Hi

Can anyone recommend accommodation on I-Drive that has in-room washer/dryer facilities? Theres just too much to do we dont have time to sit in a launderette facility! :-) Ideally near the attractions.

Many thanks x

Some years ago we stayed in a 2br apartment at the Sheraton Vistana Village resort. This resort is at the bottom of I-drive and there was nowhere you could walk to when we were there.

It had a master with jacuzzi bath, full kitchen and washer/dryer. :goodvibes

I Drive is a long road, but the main attraction is the shops and restaurants between Westwood Blvd and Universal Blvd. Around here, there aren't many hotels with washers/dryers in the rooms - I can't think of any that would offer that at the moment.

You'd need to look at suites or apartments for that - maybe somewhere like The Point, which is just off I-Drive near Universal, or further south on I-Drive, somewhere like Floridays, Sheraton Vistana or Hilton Grand Vacation Suites. By this time you're away from anything within walking distance, which - for us - is the whole point of staying on I Drive.

We have stayed on I Drive numerous times and used the laundry rooms onsite at various hotels. You don't have to sit with your laundry. We put the laundry in during a pool afternoon. The washers in hotel laundry rooms are usually huge and don't take much time. A wash and dry costs around $5 with detergent (or just bring some detergent tablets form home if you prefer). We have never had to wait for a machine in all our trips. It's not something we would base our choice of hotel on. We would base our choice of hotel on location, though, and for us I Drive is perfect.

Last edited:
Thank you both very much for your help! Very grateful! Advice and suggestions taken on board! Cheers guys xx

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm a fan of the Parc Corniche on I-Drive. Always stayed there until I bought into DVC. They're very near Seaworld (you could theoretically walk to Seaworld from there, but as I don't think there is a pedestrian walkway I wouldn't...) and have very big rooms with washer dryers, and a kitchen at a reasonable price.

Take note this info is from the last time I visited (before I bought DVC, around 2008) but I can't see it's changed that much so I'd give it some consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter