Accomadation nightmare

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
hi guys,

Im having a bit of a nightmare with the accomadation for our extended stay I have a villa for 7 of the 9 nights where can we stay for the 2 nights inbetween ??

The universal hotels are well out of price league and as we need 2 nights in 2 rooms comes to a whopping £850 :scared1: Although ive not priced Disney im guessing it would be similiar.

Any ideas or recommendations ????
Louise x

What standard/star rate are you looking at? Room prices are per room not person and start as little as £25 a night per room on idrive LBV. Sorry but did the £850 include the villa as well for the other 7 nights:confused3.Would you not do a 2 bedroom suite at say LBV resort village and spa or blue heron beach? Is the £850 for 2 nights 2 rooms universal?
Disney pop/allstars is approx £48 a night and the mods approx £90 per room per night.:confused3

I'd take a look at Alpharooms.com Used them quite a bit myself and they have incredible offers on sometimes. Occasionally even on disney resorts!! What about a Family Suite at the all stars??? Not exactly 5 star, but good all the same.

What standard/star rate are you looking at? Room prices are per room not person and start as little as £25 a night per room on idrive LBV. Sorry but did the £850 include the villa as well for the other 7 nights:confused3.Would you not do a 2 bedroom suite at say LBV resort village and spa or blue heron beach? Is the £850 for 2 nights 2 rooms universal?
Disney pop/allstars is approx £48 a night and the mods approx £90 per room per night.:confused3

to be honest for 2 nights im not really too bothered by a star rating !!

The £850 is 2 standard rooms at HRH for 2 nights !!
WE have only ever stayed in villas so looking for a hotel of any sort im a litlle bit lost - im off toc heck out availabilty of the ones mentioned
Thanks guys !!:thumbsup2

I got a great deal for the staybridge suites lake buena vista a 2 bedroom suite with a queen bed in one and 2 queen beds in the other room with a sleeper sofa for a few nights in november for $139.99 tax is about $17 extra per night free internet and breakfast has the same price in december too

louise, we stayed in interconnecting rooms at the howard johnson, cheap and cheerful, and v big for our family.
we stayed in miami in a hampton inn (hilton) we were very impressed by the size of theroom, we got free snacks/beer/juice between 4-6pm and the bfast was included (though we didnt eat it as were out the hotel at 4:scared1:, and bfast started at 6...joys of jetlag...however would save you a bit, have a look on expedia type websites...
hth
tracy

What are the dates for the 2 nights?

27th and 28th November 2010 :thumbsup2

Sorry, just looked at your ticker:headache:

You won't even be there when I have my spare accommodation:rotfl2:

Thank you for the kind thought :hug:

I have spent hours pricing up hotels even had a brainwave about staying at beach for 2 nights !! My head is swimming now and Im so excited that we are actually doing this that Im sure im incapable of making a decision on anything !
Thanks for all teh suggestions I will come back to it tommorow - have to say the disney all star suite is a tempting idea.

For somewhere cheap and cheerful you can't go far wrong with a couple of rooms at Best Western Lakeside, go on Sherberth Rd and you can be at AK within 4-5 mins. Total cost for 2 rooms for 2 nights £89.79 (Monarch.co.uk & 5% Quidco)

Or same website has a 2 bed aprt(sleeps 6) at Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Lake Buena Vista, very popular place, after cashback £84.80 for the 2 nights.

They also do hotels at Clearwater/Gulf coast, not sure if they are cheapest for these.

Within WDW, AS Music Family Suite £306.00 less Quidco.
FW Cabin: £412.00 less Quidco
Check if any cheaper on .com or DU.

Shout if you want anymore help.:goodvibes

27th and 28th November 2010 :thumbsup2

Thank you for the kind thought :hug:

I have spent hours pricing up hotels even had a brainwave about staying at beach for 2 nights !! My head is swimming now and Im so excited that we are actually doing this that Im sure im incapable of making a decision on anything !
Thanks for all teh suggestions I will come back to it tommorow - have to say the disney all star suite is a tempting idea.

2 days at the beach sounds like an excellent idea...bit of down time and your kids obviously love the beach...would it be warm enough?

how about goignt o kennedy for a few days, would thet be something they d like, and just think of the scince/history angle when you approach the school:lmao:

there are many options, could you leave your bags somewhere, rather than drag everything with you and then back again?
whatabout GKTW...could you contact them to see if they have any suggestions/connextions?
syop panicing, and yes, i am rich telling you that, knowing how organised we have to be, however, you ll make the wrong decision if you make a hurrid decicion. or just throw ideas open to the kids and see what they think??
txxx
ps thats the day after joshs birthday lol

I would say Best Western Lakeside too.

If the free dining offer had not come up I am sure we would have been back there this summer.

For somewhere cheap and cheerful you can't go far wrong with a couple of rooms at Best Western Lakeside, go on Sherberth Rd and you can be at AK within 4-5 mins. Total cost for 2 rooms for 2 nights £89.79 (Monarch.co.uk & 5% Quidco)

Or same website has a 2 bed aprt(sleeps 6) at Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Lake Buena Vista, very popular place, after cashback £84.80 for the 2 nights.

They also do hotels at Clearwater/Gulf coast, not sure if they are cheapest for these.

Within WDW, AS Music Family Suite £306.00 less Quidco.
FW Cabin: £412.00 less Quidco
Check if any cheaper on .com or DU.

Shout if you want anymore help.:goodvibes

Thanks Wayne :thumbsup2 the monarch site is amazing !!
I like the look of the comfort suites maingate and get good reviews on trip advisor too !!
Any experience of that particulaur hotel ??
Thank you so much its 1.30 in the morning but we do at least finally have a shortlist and I cant believe we can find accomadation for under £100 :woohoo::banana:

Thanks Wayne :thumbsup2 the monarch site is amazing !!
I like the look of the comfort suites maingate and get good reviews on trip advisor too !!
Any experience of that particulaur hotel ??
Thank you so much its 1.30 in the morning but we do at least finally have a shortlist and I cant believe we can find accomadation for under £100 :woohoo::banana:

Sorry never seen that one before. Just double check the room is big enough, never had a problem with Monarch but Expedia are useless, booked 2 with them years ago and arrived with no bed for Matt even though we included him on the booking.
Used Monarch twice this year, old established company in ABTA, hope they continue with the good rates. Best Western Lakeside is still very tempting with them for next August at about £23/night, its either there or OKW again with free DDP at £114/night

Another option you could consider, you may struggle to get accomadation now.
but rent DVC points to stay on Disney you can get 2 value studio's at Animal kingdom lodge for 46 points (you can rent points for $10 each) so $460.
I know this is a little dearer but you would be at the AKL for around £300
Old key west is a little dearer at 52 points for 2 studio's for the 2 nights.

Check out disney USA. The values might just have a nice discount going on for your dates. Even with 2 rooms they very well could come up affordable. The rack rates of HRH are already a lot more than rack rates of WDW values, so it'll likely be cheaper to begin with. If you can get a nice room only discount, that could become very affordable. Most of the times more than staying offsite, but only your family can decide if onsite is more important or saving money is.

Other than room discounts, they've extended the free dining well into 2011. Should be available for your dates. Doesn't suit every family, but if it does yours that can also be a considerable saving. Esp. when staying at the cheapests resorts as the values are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter