• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Accoding to Jim/DCL

The Promenade Lounge didn't have that dark, almost leather like wall covering, did it? That's what made me think of Diversions or Sessions, I thought they had that feel to them...

Outahere, if you need an assistant, I'd be willing to give up some time here at work to help out! *heavy self-sacrificing type of sigh*

:tongue:

It was Sessions. I was in Sessions waiting for the "Stem to Stern Wine Tasting" class to begin when they started bringing their equipment. I was told the Wine Tasting had been moved to Lumiere's. Needless to say, I had to leave.

The bar scene must have been a mockup. they did take over sessions so maybe they rigged something in there.
I also noticed the pictures outside the cabin/ Which means there are pictures going down the hallway for folks to crash into. I also think the whole bed and cabin scene was not even a mock up , but a back drop photo.

The Hat dance went on during Cayman Island day and litterally took 5 hours to film.
The reason no one is hanging around is it took take after take and most people got bored with the whole process. It's fun to watch for a while but after 20-30 minutes I'm ready to hit the pools or spa and vacation. It's too much like work.

I will have to admit that I deleted the show from Tivo and will not watch further. But it was nice to see the ship!

I had a different reaction. I love the Magic and I love the show, so maybe my expectations were just too high. With two full episodes I thought they fell woefully short of presenting all that is wonderful about the Magic and the cruise in general. Also, cute story line but it really turned into the rambling theme for an hour about the "other husband." I mean that's one good laugh...not a theme for an entire show. There are many episodes of "Jim" wayyyy better than these.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo- In the beginning of the episode last night they showed scenes from the last episode. When you see Jim standing next to Goofy for the sail away party my son can be seen right between them. He's wearing the orange t-shirt. As the action moves and Jim pushes Goofy off the stage, you can see my daughter in her orange t-shirt. I'm next to her in a yellow t-shirt.

The bar scene must be in Sessions. They had an early morning shoot scheduled and had the bar closed off for most of the morning and afternoon. They took over the hallway leading to the bar area also. They were supposed to shoot the scene where Jim and his family first entered the ship next. They had all the equipment set up and people lined up to view the scene, at the last minute they cancelled the shoot and told us they would do it some other time.

I agree with WIcruizer, while it was enjoyable, most episodes of According to Jim have me laughing out loud.

The4OfUs wrote.............

Outahere, if you need an assistant, I'd be willing to give up some time here at work to help out! *heavy self-sacrificing type of sigh*

Sure.......... I can always use extra help. Meet me on the Magic on April 17, and we'll try to confirm that it was Sessions. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!! :D

Originally posted by outahere
The4OfUs wrote.............

Sure.......... I can always use extra help. Meet me on the Magic on April 17, and we'll try to confirm that it was Sessions. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!! :D

LOL! Looking at your location, I see we're almost neighbors, so I'll be over on the 16th of April to be packed neatly into one of your suitcases... *grin*

:crazy:

The4OfUs............

Yes we are almost neighbors, and may have actually been at one point! We lived in Westford from December, 1991 until June, 1999 when we moved to Harvard.

You better come over early on the 16th.......... we're leaving for Logan around noon. Guess I'll have to use that larger suitcase after all. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of footage ended up on the "cutting room floor". I know they filmed scenes of the kids at the Mickey pool and I saw them filming the girls dressed in princess costumes in the Atrium area one night before dinner. Later, the girls sat behind us during the Golden Mickeys and heard them talking about how long it took to change clothes. Crew members were saving seats for them and also their families, which I thought was a bit unfair since we had to get there so early.

The filming was such a long process and I became bored after about 1/2 hour, so I didn't watch too much. The Castaway Cay scenes were so brief, yet they were at the location literally all day!

:earsgirl:

I am glad some of you posted that were there during the shoot. I was expecting some scenes you reported on watching being taped and those scenes weren't in the show. It makes sense that people got tired of watching the shoot and left; another mystery solved about the hat dance. We will have to check out Sessions in on our March 20th cruise to see if it is "the" bar.;) Kathy

I thought it was Sessions. You could tell by the front of the bar. I think its deceiving because it looked well-lit though Sessions is usually very dimmed. I would bet money it was Sessions, though.

My husband and I thought it was sessions as well. I could imagine sitting there having a cocktail with them!

But boy is that show awful.
Perfect example of why Eisner is in so much trouble. Of course, CBS and NBC do have killer lineups on Tuesday night, all dramas, so I guess it is an alternative as an alleged comedy.
Thank god for Dish Network.

Well, since others have said that this show is usually funnier.... I think I might try to catch it another time and see if it's worth watching. But if these two shows are any indication- nah.... and I usually like Jim!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo- In the beginning of the episode last night they showed scenes from the last episode. When you see Jim standing next to Goofy for the sail away party my son can be seen right between them. He's wearing the orange t-shirt. As the action moves and Jim pushes Goofy off the stage, you can see my daughter in her orange t-shirt. I'm next to her in a yellow t-shirt.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to look at the tape -but I will! I got all that with the colored shirts and such... I'm just never sure if you are mark or sandra to know how to address you! LOL

Okay, I am having a duh moment here! I was going to post here and ask what type/category of cabin they had on this show because I would love to book that cabin. It had real bunk beds and a full/queen size bed. I didn't even think, nor did my husband, that it was a set and not an actual room.

Sorry for the confusion Bibbidybobbidyboo- I' have to remember to sign my posts, Sandy usually does, I always forget.
Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter