Accident with DME

How sad! We got diverted as the road is blocked still, they are taking all buses on a mini tour to keep the area clear. That is so sad x

So sad,

We too saw that the road was closed as we went into SSR this afternoon. TBH we saw several small accidents/breakdowns this afternoon on our way from AK to SSR but then again there was an enormous storm.

Really sad. We got caught in the traffic it was chaos for a while. My prayers go out to the bereaved.

Very, very sad, we saw the car and bus involved when on the way to the magic kingdom, the whole rear end of the car was gone.

How awful.

We saw two accidents in our first 24h in Disney this year which put me off driving. A few years back a family from near us were all killed on their first day in WDW so I find anything like this just horrendous to see :(

How sad :(

It's incredibly sad, although I'm pleased to hear that it doesn't seem to be that the DME driver was at fault. How awful for the poor woman and her family and those people on the DME bus though :sad2:

It's incredibly sad, although I'm pleased to hear that it doesn't seem to be that the DME driver was at fault. How awful for the poor woman and her family and those people on the DME bus though :sad2:

Is there a further report of what happened? Because the link above indicates to me that the bus driver failed to stop and crashed into the back of the car. That would mean the bus driver was at fault.

A terrible sad thing for those poor people and all those involved, including the bus driver.

Kirsten

I read that the driver of the car stopped (for an unknown reason) and that the bus driver did not have time to stop. I could not believe the woman quoted either - she seemed to be complaining about how this lady's death had inconvenienced her and her family. I hope she was mis-quoted.

Is there a further report of what happened? Because the link above indicates to me that the bus driver failed to stop and crashed into the back of the car. That would mean the bus driver was at fault.

A terrible sad thing for those poor people and all those involved, including the bus driver.

Kirsten

The impression I got, from what I read yesterday, was that the woman stopped suddenly in a fast lane for (apparently) no reason. Yes, I suppose you could argue that the driver should have been able to stop in time but, certainly, from what I read it didn't sound as though he was being blamed. I couldn't help but think it was somebody who didn't know where they were going and suddenly stopped for no reason.

The woman in the car was reported as a cast member (what I read on Facebook) so I wouldn't of thought she was lost if that were trues. I am sure the bus driver feels awful if he were to blame or not.

The woman in the car was reported as a cast member (what I read on Facebook) so I wouldn't of thought she was lost if that were trues. I am sure the bus driver feels awful if he were to blame or not.

I'm sure you're right, it's a tragedy regardless of fault. I wasn't trying to imply the woman was at fault and I really suppose it depends on the slant that the news channel/media have put on it. It just so happened that the article I read yesterday made it sound like the bus driver wasn't at fault

I'm sure you're right, it's a tragedy regardless of fault. I wasn't trying to imply the woman was at fault and I really suppose it depends on the slant that the news channel/media have put on it. It just so happened that the article I read yesterday made it sound like the bus driver wasn't at fault

I totally agree with you I read it that it wasn't his fault too. I know lorry drivers who have been in similar accidents and it changed their lives. I just can't imagine what it must do to you being in that sort of accident. Of course i feel for the family of the poor woman that died too. I guess it will be a while before they have any answers.

This is very sad news. We were on the way to the airport and I was surprised at the queue of traffic before we saw what had happened.

Its no surprise someone was killed, the car was a real mangled mess. So very very sad tho.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter