• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Accessible Cabins

alizesmom

Dreaming of Disney.
just booked for Dec 2016! From what I understand the accessible cabins are all in the 2800 loop. How far will we be from the boat dock? Is it walking distance for 2 adults, each pushing a wheelchair? Would we be better off driving or taking the bus to the other parks and DTD? Time is not an issue for us but we do want to travel as a family. Also, how much is it if I have housekeeping do our laundry?

I stayed in 2800 last year. It is too far to walk to the boat dock for the boat to the MK. I can't think of the exact distance but I'm sure others who know will chime in The bus stop for the internal buses that will bring you to either The Settlement (boat to MK) or The Outpost (all other busses) is at the beginning of the loop however. It is also a pretty easy walk to the Outpost all on paved paths. However that said I was not pushing a wheelchair. IMO it is probably quicker to walk to the Outpost then it would be to wait for a bus and load the chair and then unload it. Unless the bus was pulling up as we got there we always walked to the Outpost and only once did we see it pass us as we walked.

Hope that helps

I think most of the HA cabins are in the 2800 loop, but there are some in other loops, just not as many. When we stayed in a HA cabin, we were in 2800. It was the first cabin the right of the entrance on the inner loop. This was very close to an internal bus stop if we had been using them much. It is a long distance to the marina, but not too far from the main bus stop for the other parks/DTD.

Link to map of FW:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

In the above map, Loop 2800 is to the far right and the marina is to the far left. It is probably about a mile walk. We personally drove to all the parks except for MK, but my sister has a phobia of being left without a car. It is getting better, but the last stay at FW, it was kicked up to extreme. Getting to DTD from the cabins was easy, but that was before all the construction. I am not sure on driving versus buses there come Dec 2016 so I would make a decision on that later.

I am not sure how much valet laundry is, but I want to think it is something like $5/shirt and $6/pants. I cannot remember anything else.

Link to thread with pictures I posted of FW HA Cabin from 2010: http://www.disboards.com/threads/accessible-cabin-fort-wilderness-pictures.2493721/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter