Access to BLT Lounge/Observation Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for letting me stay at your resort...i can't wait! maybe i'll even get put in your special room, wouldn't that be something. don't worry, i'll make sure that i put the toilet seat down, and i won't stick gum on the bottom of the chairs. maybe i can even leave you a little surprise and we can make it like a fun scavenger hunt! pirate:pirate: i was thinking about joining this dvc thing but you really helped me figure it out. you pay 20,000 to own something that other people can stay in at a much lower price? talk about disney pulling a fast one. that's just me though, they seem to send me so many pins and codes that every year i'm getting a great deal. this year i got the magical blt at 40% off! plus, i'm like a hit and run guy. i get my deal, do my business, skip town, and go on to the next spot.

maybe you can convince me to get on that dvc bus. i'll be there the week of the 23rd, we can meet at the Top of the World Lounge. don't worry if you can't get up there, i know some people. we can have a jersey dance party and watch the fireworks!! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

thanks for your hospitality. if you weren't paying so much for your membership, my room rate would probably be higher!! WELCOME HOME:mickeyjum

DVC ownership clearly isn't for everyone...

Good luck with the lounge thing. :rolleyes1

thank you for letting me stay at your resort...i can't wait! maybe i'll even get put in your special room, wouldn't that be something. don't worry, i'll make sure that i put the toilet seat down, and i won't stick gum on the bottom of the chairs. maybe i can even leave you a little surprise and we can make it like a fun scavenger hunt! pirate:pirate: i was thinking about joining this dvc thing but you really helped me figure it out. you pay 20,000 to own something that other people can stay in at a much lower price? talk about disney pulling a fast one. that's just me though, they seem to send me so many pins and codes that every year i'm getting a great deal. this year i got the magical blt at 40% off! plus, i'm like a hit and run guy. i get my deal, do my business, skip town, and go on to the next spot.

maybe you can convince me to get on that dvc bus. i'll be there the week of the 23rd, we can meet at the Top of the World Lounge. don't worry if you can't get up there, i know some people. we can have a jersey dance party and watch the fireworks!! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

thanks for your hospitality. if you weren't paying so much for your membership, my room rate would probably be higher!! WELCOME HOME:mickeyjum

Hey Mr Smee-
We will be there at the same time. Can you get me up there too? I'll buy the first round.!!!:banana:

Some have said that access for cash guests was in some of the printed material, correct? If so, bring that printed material along with you. If it was just off the word of a cm, I would call guest services and take up your complaint with them.

Unfortunately, the printed material was the official WDW website. It has since been changed. It did not occur to me to print the website as it never occurred to me that Disney would change the story. By the time all the rumours started flying, Disney had changed the website and all I could go by was CM assurances. That said, somebody somewhere at Disney has access to the original BLT page and could verify it but it is not really in their best interests now is it?

Unfortunately, the printed material was the official WDW website. It has since been changed. It did not occur to me to print the website as it never occurred to me that Disney would change the story. By the time all the rumours started flying, Disney had changed the website and all I could go by was CM assurances. That said, somebody somewhere at Disney has access to the original BLT page and could verify it but it is not really in their best interests now is it?

Fourtunately, you have choice... noboby is making you stay at the BLT. If you truly aren't happy stay at a different resort, offsite, or spend your money elsewhere. Disney changes policies all the time, that is the way it goes.

I like that the lounge is for DVC owners only (staying on points) but if they decide to change the policy - oh, well.

With that said, if you were promised something it can't hurt to complain..

Have you contacted guest relations then after you saw the lounge restrictions? Really, that is the best department to address your situation. I wouldn't wait until arrival to deal with it.

Sounds like you are growing a bit nervous now since your last gripe about this mr smee.
By that reaction...
ah, only to see the look on your face if really do get denied.
Im sure theres a backup plan to complain till you are blue in the face until you get up to your precious lounge. but what i would give to see your first reaction when they say "I'm sorry Mr smee, you are not a valued DVC member, unfortunately members are only allowed at our lounge during firework viewing'....it will be so precious....

And i'm sure you will come back here to rub it in how you were allowed in (even if you were not)

Actually I am going to personally call my DVC rep and let him know that I fully support their enforcement of this and personally thank them when I arrive later this year.

And by the Way, it is MY resort along with countless others WHO OWN it. that is a fact

I am not worrying about this until I arrive- remember, this policy could change by then depending on the traffic in the lounge- if DVC members aren't packing that bar and buying drinks, they may reassess this decision!

I understand the crowds will be there during fireworks-but someone posted the question if cash paying guests would be allowed in at other times in the evening. Would like to know this answer as my primary interest would be getting a drink later in the evening, without having to take the bridge over to CR.

I can't believe this. First,excuse my english. When I got a 40% off pin the number one resort for my next trip was BLT. I'm going to be there september 4, I paid $954.00 for 3 nights at one bedroom villa. For me is a great oportunity to know another resort. I don't care if we can't access the longe or the observation desk, I'd like to see it but is not the motive of my trip. When I'm planning a visit to the world my number one is to be at the parks until the fireworks. Dear DDLEFFERS if this trip is going to be your first one go to see the fireworks in front of the castle the first night. There's nothing more beautiful than that.:flower3:

Sounds like you are growing a bit nervous now since your last gripe about this mr smee.
By that reaction...
ah, only to see the look on your face if really do get denied.
Im sure theres a backup plan to complain till you are blue in the face until you get up to your precious lounge. but what i would give to see your first reaction when they say "I'm sorry Mr smee, you are not a valued DVC member, unfortunately members are only allowed at our lounge during firework viewing'....it will be so precious....

And i'm sure you will come back here to rub it in how you were allowed in (even if you were not)

Actually I am going to personally call my DVC rep and let him know that I fully support their enforcement of this and personally thank them when I arrive later this year.

And by the Way, it is MY resort along with countless others WHO OWN it. that is a fact

you are absolutely right, you own it and should be proud. again, thank you for letting me stay there. i really can't wait to do my business in your toilet, fart in your bed, and enjoy your home as if it were my own. i feel privileged to be able to christen your home before you even get to see it first hand.
and thank you for referring to the lounge as "my precious lounge." because you got it right on both counts with that one. for that week, the lounge will be mine and it sure will be precious.:dancer:

you are absolutely right, you own it and should be proud. again, thank you for letting me stay there. i really can't wait to do my business in your toilet, fart in your bed, and enjoy your home as if it were my own. i feel privileged to be able to christen your home before you even get to see it first hand.
and thank you for referring to the lounge as "my precious lounge." because you got it right on both counts with that one. for that week, the lounge will be mine and it sure will be precious.:dancer:

Sadly, class can't be bought. :rotfl2:

We are done here.

The OP has their answer and the only people capable of helping them - work at Disney.

Thanks,

Knox

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter