• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Accepted into the DCP but can't attend..?

LovelyLuna

Earning My Ears
I recently got accepted into the Spring 2016 DCP program but am unable to do it this semester due to some last minute things that came across in my life. However I will be able to do it in the Fall 2016 term. Is there anyway I can delay this acceptance to the fall semester and be guaranteed to do it that semester?
Also, if I deny this offer, will it look bad if I apply again for the fall? I'm afraid they'll see I denied my last acceptance and not accept me then.
Thanks guys!!

Unfortunately, they cannot guarantee that you can enter in Fall, you'd have to do the hiring process all over again for Fall 2016, and if I'm not mistaken because you turned them down you have to wait 6 months to re-apply, meaning you'd have to apply for Spring 2017 instead(since Fall 2016 apps will be over before the 6 month mark).

As for re-hire status, it shouldn't affect you if you have a legitimate reason. I've known people who turned down their first offer and were still accepted the next time.

There's no way to defer an acceptance to a different term. Declining an acceptance has no impact on your rehire status, since you aren't officially "hired" until you show up and do Traditions. You can absolutely reapply for the next term - the six months period is pretty much irrelevant to the DCP applications, with the exception of the fact that WBI results stay in the computer for that long.

There's no way to defer an acceptance to a different term. Declining an acceptance has no impact on your rehire status, since you aren't officially "hired" until you show up and do Traditions. You can absolutely reapply for the next term - the six months period is pretty much irrelevant to the DCP applications, with the exception of the fact that WBI results stay in the computer for that long.
Thank you so much! This helps a lot. I just wanted to make sure that I can still apply for he next term too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter