• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abu's AWESOME August 2015 - W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge! Any & All Welcome to Join!

I'm anticipating a busy weekend (hopefully it's a busy and productive weekend! My to-do list is miles long...) so I'm going to answer the QOTW for myself a day early. :)

My goal that I will track for August:
I am going to do whatever it takes to lose 7lbs by the end of August! This will put me in a place I haven't been in a couple of years at least... BELOW THE 200LB MARK! And then I will cry tears of immense joy, hahaha.

My plan for hitting my goal:
No cheats in August! I'm going to stick to my low-carb-high-protein diet, because it seems to be working for me, at least when I really keep to it. Being 100% honest, I'll be budgeting in one "lenient" meal a week - otherwise I'll go crazy and have a meltdown and just eat everything in sight! But even on my lenient meal, I'll keep things pretty well under control. No smorgasbord, haha! I'm also going to do something I've been saying I would do every single week - I'm going to get back on track with my walking and weights. I know, I know... But I'm going to sit down this weekend (hopefully tonight) and make a firm daily schedule, including scheduling my walking at a time that I reasonably know I will do it, so that I am even more likely to get it done. It's completely unrealistic for me to schedule my walks at 4:30am, because I'm just setting myself up for disaster. I will come up with a BILLION reasons why it's ok to put it off til later, and then I sleep until right before I need to leave for work. But if I schedule my walks for 8pm, I'm WAY more likely to actually do them.

I'm off to do some yardwork as it's relatively cool today (for the first time in 3 weeks, the temperature outside and the heat index are the same number!), but I will definitely be in and out this weekend, checking on everyone's goals and plans! I'm so excited!!! I sure hope you all are, too!

My goal for Aug is not tracking weight but to keep moving, with that said here is my plan.
1. 5000+ steps a day
2. 30 mins of exercise a day (not counting walking or running in this. Only sit ups, lifting weights, push ups, squats, yoga, etc)
3. Continue to eat a healthy diet.
4. Drink more water than I have

Goal for August: 4.4 lbs., which will put me at 152.
Plan to get there: Continue to hit my goal of 12,000 steps/day. Continue to do a workout every day besides just walking, but I'm looking at replacing 2-3 of my current cardio workouts each week with strength training workouts instead. Hubby wants us to try to go to the gym early in the morning a few times a week. If we can pull that off, that will count. If not, I'll have to come up with something else.
I signed up for My Fitness Pal this past week (or re-signed up, as it appears I created an account 5 years ago and then forgot about it, lol) and I'm tracking my food, etc. in there. I did it more for awareness than for dieting purposes, but it turns out it's rather eye-opening to log everything I eat, and it does make me want to be more careful. MFP gives me a daily calorie goal, then adds on more for exercise. I think for august I'm going to try really hard to stay within those numbers (and eat back a bit less than the exercise calories it gives me) and see what happens. It hasn't been terribly restrictive since I've been so active, so I don't think that will be too hard to do.

Getting this thread started with your
QUESTION OF THE WEEKEND for August 1 & 2, 2015!

View attachment 112024

I know this is the W.I.S.H. forum, but we're here to achieve our goals, not just wish they would happen! It's a new day, it's a new month, so it's time to start (or keep!) working toward a new you!

So tell me, what is your GOAL that you will track for August 2015?! And what is your PLAN to get there?!

View attachment 112044

New month!!! Yay!!! Thank you for putting this together @JacknSally. It's a great motivator and it is nice to have lots of people to hang out with on this journey.

My goals for the month are:

1. Lose another five pounds (from exactly 210 this morning) and
2. Complete 8 strength training workouts (at least 10 minutes - any body part).

For the weight loss goal, I'm going to keep tracking everything and really concentrate on upping my product intake. The strength training is tougher particularly since I failed at it so miserably in July. I've scheduled two times a week workouts on my calendar and am not trying to think of some appropriate carrots/sticks to make sure that they actually happen.

My goal that I will track for August:
I am going to do whatever it takes to lose 7lbs by the end of August! This will put me in a place I haven't been in a couple of years at least... BELOW THE 200LB MARK! And then I will cry tears of immense joy, hahaha.

Awesome goal!!! You are SO close. I know you can make it!

My goal for Aug is not tracking weight but to keep moving, with that said here is my plan.
1. 5000+ steps a day
2. 30 mins of exercise a day (not counting walking or running in this. Only sit ups, lifting weights, push ups, squats, yoga, etc)

Love the focus on the healthy lifestyle instead of on the numbers!

Goals and plans for August.
1) walk 100 miles
2) do aerobics/weight training every 3rd day
3) lose 5 pounds
4) stop late night munching

Ah number 4. I should add that to my list!

Plan to get there: Continue to hit my goal of 12,000 steps/day. Continue to do a workout every day besides just walking, but I'm looking at replacing 2-3 of my current cardio workouts each week with strength training workouts instead. Hubby wants us to try to go to the gym early in the morning a few times a week. If we can pull that off, that will count. If not, I'll have to come up with something else.
I signed up for My Fitness Pal this past week (or re-signed up, as it appears I created an account 5 years ago and then forgot about it, lol) and I'm tracking my food, etc. in there. I did it more for awareness than for dieting purposes, but it turns out it's rather eye-opening to log everything I eat, and it does make me want to be more careful. MFP gives me a daily calorie goal, then adds on more for exercise. I think for august I'm going to try really hard to stay within those numbers (and eat back a bit less than the exercise calories it gives me) and see what happens. It hasn't been terribly restrictive since I've been so active, so I don't think that will be too hard to do.

I've been loving MFP. It is definitely eye-opening. Still in shock at how fast the calories in some things add up.

So tell me, what is your GOAL that you will track for August 2015?! And what is your PLAN to get there?!

GOAL: Lose 3 lbs by the end of August

PLAN:
I’m dividing my plan into 3 sections – nutrition, exercise, and weigh-ins

Nutrition:
- Minimum of 25 servings of fruits/vegetables per week (comes out to about 3.5 per day, which is not easy for me)
- Track all weekday meals eaten at home; attempt to track weekend meals (tracking can be stressful for me, so I’m putting limits on what I “force” myself to do to make it a little more laid back)
- Use chocolate as a reward for non-running exercise – 1 small chocolate per 15 minutes of non-running exercise (I’m hoping this will help motivate me to exercise and also help me feel like I’m not depriving myself of one of my favorite food groups)

Exercise:
- 1050 minutes of exercise (mostly calculated by my Fitbit and tracked in the WISH exercise challenge)
- Run 2-3 times per week (I alternate weeks of 2 runs with weeks of 3 runs)
- Running-related Cross-Training 2 times per week (I’m still experimenting with this – I’m currently doing walking, trying to add other things)
- Low intensity exercise 1-2 times per week
- 1 rest day per week

Weigh-Ins:
- Weigh in twice per week: Tuesday (or Wednesday if I forget) and Friday (I’m hoping the second weigh in will help me stay on track all week long, not just at the end of the week)
- Report weigh-ins (in terms of percent of goal) on this thread on Fridays

I'm hoping that having such a detailed plan really helps me stay on track!

I edited this from what I had previous

So I am stealing this from the person above me because it is awesome :)

GOAL
: Lose 5 lbs by the end of August

PLAN:

Nutrition:
- Minimum of 25 servings of fruits/vegetables per week
- Track all weekday meals eaten at home; attempt to track weekend meals (tracking can be stressful for me, so I’m putting limits on what I “force” myself to do to make it a little more laid back)

Exercise:
- 1200 minutes of exercise (mostly calculated by my Fitbit and tracked in the WISH exercise challenge)
- Run 3 times per week
- Running-related Cross-Training 3 times per week
- 1 rest day per week

Weigh-Ins:
- Weigh in twice per week: Tuesday (or Wednesday if I forget) and Friday (I’m hoping the second weigh in will help me stay on track all week long, not just at the end of the week)

Last edited:
1. 5000+ steps a day

Love that you are focusing on your methods moreso than your results! Way to go! That will help ensure that you stick to an all around healthier lifestyle. How much water are you aiming to get in every day? Do you have a specific amount in mind?

Goals and plans for August.
1) walk 100 miles
2) do aerobics/weight training every 3rd day
3) lose 5 pounds
4) stop late night munching

Woohoo! You can TOTALLY knock that 100 mile goal out of the park! I need to take on your #4 myself. There's just something about 9pm that means I need chocolate! Haha. Do you have one of your goals that you'll focus on for tracking, or are you planning to average them all together?

I've found that tracking is really make or break to my diet. I get lax when I eat the same things over and over, because I figure "I already know this is on my diet, so it's not a big deal if I don't log it". But it really makes a difference, whether it's a new food or not! It really is eye-opening to learn the numbers behind things that are a regular part of your diet. I use the LoseIt! app personally, but I don't remember why I preferred that over MFP. So many people here being on MFP makes me want to go back so we can all encourage each other!

New month!!! Yay!!! Thank you for putting this together @JacknSally. It's a great motivator and it is nice to have lots of people to hang out with on this journey.

My goals for the month are:

1. Lose another five pounds (from exactly 210 this morning) and
2. Complete 8 strength training workouts (at least 10 minutes - any body part).

For the weight loss goal, I'm going to keep tracking everything and really concentrate on upping my product intake. The strength training is tougher particularly since I failed at it so miserably in July. I've scheduled two times a week workouts on my calendar and am not trying to think of some appropriate carrots/sticks to make sure that they actually happen.

You are so welcome, @DisPup75 ! Thank YOU for joining in with us! Good luck on your weight loss goal! 5lbs is totally doable, and I know you'll get there! I've found that I can't reward myself with food - I know that some people can, but if I allow myself reward treats, then it's much easier for me to get off track. My "carrots" have become little happies, either a new piece of clothing for a big jump toward my goal, or a home decoration or something along those lines.

I am in. I keeping trying to lose weight and keep loosing my motivation. My August goal will be to lose 5lbs and to walk at least 8,000 steps each day. I also have a my fitness pal account that I am using.

Welcome, welcome, @Mamakamm ! Can't wait to see where you end up this month! Hopefully this thread will be the motivation you need to get rid of those 5lbs and then some!

GOAL: Lose 3 lbs by the end of August

PLAN:

Nutrition:
- Minimum of 25 servings of fruits/vegetables per week (comes out to about 3.5 per day, which is not easy for me)
- Use chocolate as a reward for non-running exercise – 1 small chocolate per 15 minutes of non-running exercise (I’m hoping this will help motivate me to exercise and also help me feel like I’m not depriving myself of one of my favorite food groups)

Exercise:
- 1050 minutes of exercise (mostly calculated by my Fitbit and tracked in the WISH exercise challenge)
- Run 2-3 times per week (I alternate weeks of 2 runs with weeks of 3 runs)
- Running-related Cross-Training 2 times per week (I’m still experimenting with this – I’m currently doing walking, trying to add other things)
- Low intensity exercise 1-2 times per week
- 1 rest day per week

Weigh-Ins:

I'm hoping that having such a detailed plan really helps me stay on track!

:worship::worship: @SarahDisney please know that my OCD fully appreciates your post! LOL. I love this. Your plan looks fantastic and I can't wait to see how it works out for you! Do you have any recipes you really love for your fruits/veggies servings?

I edited this from what I had previous

GOAL
: Lose 5 lbs by the end of August

PLAN:

Nutrition:
- Minimum of 25 servings of fruits/vegetables per week

Exercise:
- 1200 minutes of exercise (mostly calculated by my Fitbit and tracked in the WISH exercise challenge)
- Run 3 times per week
- Running-related Cross-Training 3 times per week
- 1 rest day per week

Weigh-Ins:

Haha, part of me wants to steal this post, too. My plan is nowhere near as detailed as this, and now I'm rethinking it just a little!

Welcome, welcome, everyone, and HAPPY SUNDAY! Love seeing everyone's posts for the first weekend of August. There are some really great goals and plans in this thread, and I am excited to see where we go from here! I hope everyone has had a wonderful and strong weekend, and to anyone who has kiddos starting back to school tomorrow (or who might be starting back to school tomorrow themselves) I hope you all get a relaxing final night of summer!

Be back in the morning for our first Monday QOTD!

Steal away! I'm glad my need to write up every tiny detail is helping you!!

:worship::worship: @SarahDisney please know that my OCD fully appreciates your post! LOL. I love this. Your plan looks fantastic and I can't wait to see how it works out for you! Do you have any recipes you really love for your fruits/veggies servings?

I'm big on tiny details, so having every little aspect of my plan written out will hopefully work well for me.
My biggest thing with fruits/veggies is to stick them into recipes where they belong but are not yet there - for example, if I'm having an omelet for breakfast, that's the perfect opportunity to throw in some veggies ... but I don't. That's one thing I really want to focus on for the month - using veggies to enhance dishes I was going to eat anyway.

Haha, part of me wants to steal this post, too. My plan is nowhere near as detailed as this, and now I'm rethinking it just a little!

Steal away. Details are awesome!

Good Monday morning LOSERS! Sorry I missed the chatter over the weekend, I try to spend as much time with hubby when he's not at work. We've been planning a lot as you can see my ticker our cruise is finally approaching!

I did finally step on the scale, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I did hit my July goal of not gaining during a month of vacation followed by two long weekends away from home and much much more eating out than usual. In the span of three weeks I did not get to the gym like usual, but I did try my best to stay active by walking and moving around in the pool, and walk away the pounds DVDs at home. Last week I started back up at the gym, and let me tell you I am sore!

My goals this month, is to lose 5 pounds ( I feel like that's steep ) and how I will accomplish this is; much less alcohol during the week saving a drink as a treat for the weekend, back to the gym routine, back to my 8500 steps a day once I retrieve my fit bit I left at a friends house, and back on MFP

I could possibly hostess in October, however I leave for vacation on October 25 and would be gone the entire last week. Since we are doing self reporting that's manageable if nobody else is able. Otherwise I can do November

sfawer.png

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Monday! Did we all survive the first two days in August? It's a new day, so if you had any slip ups this weekend or if you weren't as strict with your plan as you wanted to be, the good news is - YOU GET TO TRY AGAIN TODAY! Woohoo!

So, apparently the first week of August is "National Simplify Your Life Week." I thought that was an intriguing concept. As much as we are here to focus on healthy living through our diets and exercise, it's just as important, if not moreso, to focus on healthy mental living. That has just as much impact on your waistline as the foods you eat and the steps you take.

How many of us "don't have time" to work out or eat right because life is just too crazy? How many of us say it's just "too hard" because we have too much else to do?

So I want everyone to think about ways you could simplify your life and alleviate some stress from your daily routine. It doesn't have to be anything major - it could be as simple as making the bed every morning, so when it's time to go to bed, you don't have to do anything but climb in and fall asleep (I always feel better when my bed is made, too. I don't know what it is!)... It could be that you make your breakfast or lunch the night before, so you don't have the crazy rush in the morning... You could make Sundays your meal prep and house cleaning day. Or, it could be something like "complain less" or "cut down on Facebook time" or "watch the local news less" or "leave the phone inside and sit under the stars for 20 minutes before bed". Whatever you can change just to make your life, your week, your day, your GOAL that much simpler.

tdhdrt.jpg

Monday's QOTD: What is a way that you can simplify your life, starting today? I challenge everyone here to pick one small change you can make to simplify your life, and try to make that change every day for the rest of the week. I'm curious to hear the results at the end of the week - did that small change make any impact for you?

8657019110_f465396bd3_b.jpg

Monday's QOTD: What is a way that you can simplify your life, starting today? I challenge everyone here to pick one small change you can make to simplify your life, and try to make that change every day for the rest of the week. I'm curious to hear the results at the end of the week - did that small change make any impact for you?

My simple change is going to be that I am going to start doing small house cleans every evening - nothing major, but little things like making sure the dirty clothes get put into the washer every evening, instead of left in a pile on the bathroom floor, or clearing trash off the coffee table and straightening the throw pillows on the couch before bed, so that when I get up the next morning it doesn't look like a tornado blew through.

Good Monday morning LOSERS! Sorry I missed the chatter over the weekend, I try to spend as much time with hubby when he's not at work. We've been planning a lot as you can see my ticker our cruise is finally approaching!

I did finally step on the scale, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I did hit my July goal of not gaining during a month of vacation followed by two long weekends away from home and much much more eating out than usual. In the span of three weeks I did not get to the gym like usual, but I did try my best to stay active by walking and moving around in the pool, and walk away the pounds DVDs at home. Last week I started back up at the gym, and let me tell you I am sore!

My goals this month, is to lose 5 pounds ( I feel like that's steep ) and how I will accomplish this is; much less alcohol during the week saving a drink as a treat for the weekend, back to the gym routine, back to my 8500 steps a day once I retrieve my fit bit I left at a friends house, and back on MFP

I could possibly hostess in October, however I leave for vacation on October 25 and would be gone the entire last week. Since we are doing self reporting that's manageable if nobody else is able. Otherwise I can do November

Welcome! Congratulations on hitting your July goal - that's awesome!!

Thank you for offering to host! Let me know whichever month works best for you and I will put your name on the list! We also still need a September host. I'll be participating in September and October but don't want to commit to hosting since I have a feeling my life will be consumed with last-minute-wedding stress lol.

View attachment 113391

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Monday! Did we all survive the first two days in August? It's a new day, so if you had any slip ups this weekend or if you weren't as strict with your plan as you wanted to be, the good news is - YOU GET TO TRY AGAIN TODAY! Woohoo!

So, apparently the first week of August is "National Simplify Your Life Week." I thought that was an intriguing concept. As much as we are here to focus on healthy living through our diets and exercise, it's just as important, if not moreso, to focus on healthy mental living. That has just as much impact on your waistline as the foods you eat and the steps you take.

How many of us "don't have time" to work out or eat right because life is just too crazy? How many of us say it's just "too hard" because we have too much else to do?

So I want everyone to think about ways you could simplify your life and alleviate some stress from your daily routine. It doesn't have to be anything major - it could be as simple as making the bed every morning, so when it's time to go to bed, you don't have to do anything but climb in and fall asleep (I always feel better when my bed is made, too. I don't know what it is!)... It could be that you make your breakfast or lunch the night before, so you don't have the crazy rush in the morning... You could make Sundays your meal prep and house cleaning day. Or, it could be something like "complain less" or "cut down on Facebook time" or "watch the local news less" or "leave the phone inside and sit under the stars for 20 minutes before bed". Whatever you can change just to make your life, your week, your day, your GOAL that much simpler.

View attachment 113392

View attachment 113394

I love this!!! I tend to try to make big changes and then fail miserably because it's just all too much. So my little change is this.... I'm going to hang my clothes up after trying on and rejecting them and make sure that everything that gets makes it into the laundry bin. Hopefully it means I won't have to spend Saturday morning sorting through piles of clothes trying to determine what is clean and what is dirty.

My simple change is going to be that I am going to start doing small house cleans every evening - nothing major, but little things like making sure the dirty clothes get put into the washer every evening, instead of left in a pile on the bathroom floor, or clearing trash off the coffee table and straightening the throw pillows on the couch before bed, so that when I get up the next morning it doesn't look like a tornado blew through.

Welcome! Congratulations on hitting your July goal - that's awesome!!

Thank you for offering to host! Let me know whichever month works best for you and I will put your name on the list! We also still need a September host. I'll be participating in September and October but don't want to commit to hosting since I have a feeling my life will be consumed with last-minute-wedding stress lol.

I could host in September!

I love this!!! I tend to try to make big changes and then fail miserably because it's just all too much. So my little change is this.... I'm going to hang my clothes up after trying on and rejecting them and make sure that everything that gets makes it into the laundry bin. Hopefully it means I won't have to spend Saturday morning sorting through piles of clothes trying to determine what is clean and what is dirty.

I could host in September!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who plays that game every weekend! LOL

And THANK YOU! for volunteering to host!! I will add your name to the list for September - if you need a coach for any week, let me know!

I forgot to add in my goals! This month I'm wanting to lose 4 pounds (one for each weekend that remains in August!) and I plan on exercising and eating. Fortunately, I don't have too many temptations this month with unhealthy eating so I should be okay.

View attachment 113391

View attachment 113392

View attachment 113394

Water - I don't drink enough, I am going to put out 32 oz to drink from the time I get home till the time I go to bed.. I get home around 4pm and stay up till 10 so I think 6hrs is enough time to get that in..

Mornin' y'all!

Well... I'm gonna have to think of a new goal for this month. As of this morning, I'm wearing a boot on my left foot trying to get the plantar fasciitis to heal so... while "as needed" walking is fine, I won't be doing any "exercise" walking. I'm thinking I'll be getting less than half the daily steps I was last month.

I did a pitiful job of keeping up with my progress on my goals for the last week of July. I was way ahead of my goals at the previous check-in so, I know I achieved them but, I just plain lost interest so, I slacked off both walking and water consumption. I also carbed-out for a few days, totally blowing it on the SB plan.

So, gotta get back up on the horse. Or wagon. Or whatever.

DH and I have a trip to Las Vegas planned at the end of this month. So, I guess my overall goal is to behave as healthfully as possible for the next few weeks so that I'll be able to enjoy myself more while we celebrate my birthday and our anniversary.

Now, I just need to set an individual goal (or a few) for myself that will equate to "behaving as healthfully as possible"...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter