Absolutely unacceptable

Only fair... after all, Mickey & Minnie are in the "top 1%" and those were just their vacation homes. :rotfl2:

Oops, I've done it now, joking about religion AND politics! :scared1:

Maybe the "Occupy Movement" really began with the destruction of Mickey's Toontown...

I don't buy, Disney "didn't know".. Disney didn't inform guests because it's less expensive to offer compensation, rather than lose bookings. Guests aren't informed, until it's too late. They, either, suck it up or...suck it up.

Disney's making a habit of "surprise" closures. A really crummy way to treat customers. I don't like, the current trends... or paying a premium for less...

Exactly! Reminds me of something my ex-MIL used to say - it's easier/less expensive to ask for forgiveness than for permission. In this case, it's less expensive for Disney to compensate/deal with the smaller number of guests that will complain once they find out, as opposed to dealing with the mass that would ask for compensation if informed in advance.

No, it isn't the same thing (the rides only close either for planned refurbishment or technical malfunctions, in the case of planned refurbishment, Disney generally puts that info out there.....).

And no, a bus doesn't bring you back just as well as the monorail does. If so, there wouldn't be such a drastic price difference.

Again, Disney knew of this in advance, and chose not to inform these guests strictly so they wouldn't lose bookings, i.e. $$.

Torn on the first sentence - they do put it out there, but usually after people have already planned their trips. You as a guest have been informed, but usually too late - or it would be too much of a PITA - to do anything about it.

Agree with the last 2 sentences.

... but I would imagine doing this on the monorail should take planning without customer interruption.

Yeah, but when would there ever be a time without customer interruption? While I agree that doing it during busy Spring Break seems counterproductive, when would they be able to do it that didn't disrupt someone?

As for OP....you definitely should call and voice your dismay over having spent $300 a night for a monorail resort only to find that it won't be running most of the day during your visit. At the very least I'd probably ask them to either reduce my rate down to that of a non-monorail resort or move me elsewhere and refund the difference. The worst they can do is say "sorry, no changes" but Disney is usually better than that about customer service. Just be sure you're prepared to move resorts if that's what they offer.

As for the long waits...Spring Break is a time you want to be there at rope drop no matter what form of transportation you use....so I'd keep that as the goal at least until you see what Disney has planned. I'm guessing they'll put a lot more buses on the road, and since I believe they have more boats available maybe they'll put another boat in the water too?

But...no matter what happens, remember this....YOU are at Disney and I'm not. :worship: You lucky duck.

We were there last Monday thru Thursday and the downtime was really no big deal. they weer using larger boats and running more frequently.

FWIW, we just returned from Poly yesterday and the monorail downtime really wasn't an issue. They run as usual early in the a.m. and they have plenty of boats for return trips during the afternoon (so many so that we regretted renting Sea Raycers because we really couldn't enjoy them with all the extra marine traffic).

They were running again in the evening just as posted as well. Don't worry about it; I don't think it will impact your schedule very much.

Anchorman-GlassEmotion.jpg

We just got back and were there 7 days, and it really was fine and it didn't affect us at all. We stayed at BLT, so I was thinking it would be horrible!!! They have more boats and buses going during those times..one day, they were running the whole time. Don't panic!! It's not really so bad (and I am totally anal about that sort of thing) LOL

We leave for our trip on Friday and it was only posted yesterday that the Magic Kingdom monorails will not be operating between 11:30am and 6pm EVERY SINGLE DAY WE ARE THERE:headache:

So let me get this straight. I'm paying 300 dollars a night to ride the bus to MK? During crazy Spring Break crowds we all know how long the boat line will be to get back to the Poly. Why would Disney schedule this during such a busy time???:confused3

Where do I email my complaint?

dont go
or i guess you want disney to stop expanding just so you can ride the monorail
it happens to be related around a constrution scheduel

Read through again to see if anyone actually complained that the MK monorail daytime closure proved inconvenient to them, and everyone who posts about being there said it wasn't a big deal, there were plenty of buses and extra boats running. (and it is not required to fold strollers to ride the large ferryboat by the way).

So the objection is now on principle, meaning if you pay for a monorail resort you should be entitled to all-day full monorail service, and to those who see it that way there is no other transportation option that will be acceptable. I'm sure there are those who think any given park where a certain ride happens to be closed for renovations isn't acceptable either. Nobody's going to change their minds about how they feel, and it's pretty easy to learn how to contact Disney to make a complaint.

So the objection is now on principle,

Nobody's going to change their minds about how they feel, and it's pretty easy to learn how to contact Disney to make a complaint.

It's fairly obvious nobody is going to change your mind either.

You state as FACT that "the objection is now on principle"?

LOL, you are a moderator? The only thing that suprises me is you didn't close this thread after making YOUR opinion the only factual one allowed.

Pssssst.......

A politely presented complaint at the resort will likely result in Disney making an effort to "make it right" in a small but meaningful way.

....from personal experience last week.

here ends the Psssst.

Everyone who has posted about being there has said convenience of transportation was not an issue for them. Hopefully that would alleviate the anxieties of those who feel the midday monorail stoppage would cause too much inconvenience. If it doesn't, their objections are only about the monorail itself, in the "I want the monorail. Not a bus or boat" vein. Obviously I didn't say they shouldn't complain, but going on here about how monorail resort guests are entitled to full monorail service every day is not productive. If you feel that way, complain to Disney, but they do have to fix the monorail and do the construction sometime and since nobody who's been there has said there was a horrible impact on their day, Disney appears to be doing the best they can. If that's not enough for you, tell them.

I'm not a moderator on this board. Just restaurants. I can't close or otherwise do anything to this thread.

I sincerely offer my apologies to you for all the people who are coming across as more condemning than helpful :sad2:
since the monorail was a big selling point for you, I would still call. By the same coin, maintenance has to be done and it *will* inconvenience someone at some point, unfortunately.

Like other posters have said, expect to be offered a completely different hotel, or if that's impossible, be prepared to adjust your transportation expectations.

Hopefully disney makes all this construction and maintenance worth it in the end. I hope you have a magical trip! :wizard:

Bob NC said:
It's fairly obvious nobody is going to change your mind either.

You state as FACT that "the objection is now on principle"?

LOL, you are a moderator? The only thing that suprises me is you didn't close this thread after making YOUR opinion the only factual one allowed.

One just-returned/affected party considers the disruption annoying, and states the experience was inconvenient but tolerable, while the rest of the reporting returnees state it was 'no big deal', or words to that effect. It appears the 'it's unaccaptable' point of view is coming from posters who haven't yet visited WDW in March 2012, who are skeptical that this can work temporarily.

We found it annoying but the MK buses were every few minutes and they were running larger ferries. I found that the monorail started back up earlier than 6pm every day this week. On Sunday we had bad weather and they ran the monorails because they could not run the ferries. They even had a bus that did Contemporary, Poly, GF and TTC in a loop which helped us get to our dinner ADR last night. It was inconvenient but not terribly so.

1) I wish people would get over this.
2) We just got back from GF, Main Building.
3) The monorail downtime was not a big deal.
4) If going back to resort in daytime, just plan a little.
5) Besides, on each day, the monorail was running again by 5:00pm.

We were there last Monday thru Thursday and the downtime was really no big deal. they weer using larger boats and running more frequently.

FWIW, we just returned from Poly yesterday and the monorail downtime really wasn't an issue. They run as usual early in the a.m. and they have plenty of boats for return trips during the afternoon (so many so that we regretted renting Sea Raycers because we really couldn't enjoy them with all the extra marine traffic).

They were running again in the evening just as posted as well. Don't worry about it; I don't think it will impact your schedule very much.

We just got back and were there 7 days, and it really was fine and it didn't affect us at all. We stayed at BLT, so I was thinking it would be horrible!!! They have more boats and buses going during those times..one day, they were running the whole time. Don't panic!! It's not really so bad (and I am totally anal about that sort of thing) LOL

Unfortunately, Disney can do know wrong and principals don't matter. No wonder, pixiedust: is so expensive. ;)

One just-returned/affected party considers the disruption annoying, and states the experience was inconvenient but tolerable, while the rest of the reporting returnees state it was 'no big deal', or words to that effect. It appears the 'it's unaccaptable' point of view is coming from posters who haven't yet visited WDW in March 2012, who are skeptical that this can work temporarily.

Good post, and backed up with quotes from actual experiences no less. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter