Above Ground Pool Costs

ElizaB39

<font color=blue>Males with udders? What WERE they
Hello All,

I searched the first 10 pages of the CB earlier but could not find any threads related to above ground pool costs. I know there have been many in the past.

Can anyone help me with the following information?

$2,000.00 Cost to take down, move and reinstall/build 24 foot round pool. This includes excavating and leveling the pool site, taking down and moving the pool, and building the pool structure.

$500.00 Sand pool base (not sure if this includes 5 tons of sand which he says we need)

$400.00 for new pool liner and install

$1,100.00 24 sq ft filter with 1/2 horse power pump installed

$300.00 to rent backhoe

So we are talking $4,300.00 before any deck work is completed.

What do you think?

This is a 10 year old pool, currently in a neighbor's backyard, they are going inground and offered it to us for free... As long as we help take down and off their property in three weeks. We did know about this over a month ago but have been out of town so we are just getting quotes this week.

TIA!

A guy that works with me bought a new 24' round x 54" high above ground pool for $4,300 and paid $875 to have it installed and that included digging out and leveling the yard to install the pool. The price your being quoted seems high compared to that. Have you priced new pools?

Yes I did price new ones a while ago, and I thought the price we were quoted also was high. I figured that for about another thou we could get brand new and why pay all that money I was quoted for a 10 year old pool. Also, with new, we would get some kind of warranty. Yes?

You are getting ripped off.

First sand. Buy it yourself. It is about 15-20 dollars a ton. Also the patio stones needed should be about 1.5 a piece at a local hardware store.

The price for the new liner and install (400) is really good.

$1100 for a filter system and installation !!! Way way way to high!

And why a backhoe? all they should really need is a bobcat, but even so 300 is a fair price to rent.

However you can by new installed for less than you are paying to move an old pool! Not only that but if any pieces are needed depending upon who made the pool, new parts are very hard o come by and expensive!

Yes I did price new ones a while ago, and I thought the price we were quoted also was high. I figured that for about another thou we could get brand new and why pay all that money I was quoted for a 10 year old pool. Also, with new, we would get some kind of warranty. Yes?

New pool would get a new warranty but keep in mind it is only on maufacture defect. Really kinda pointless . when you need it you pay a prorated portion of the msrp. A new pool is usually way less.

Maybe a reason the price is so high is because they are moving something used? Just a thought. I know we will not install used pools, we can't be sure all pieces are still good or even there.

You are getting ripped off.

First sand. Buy it yourself. It is about 15-20 dollars a ton. Also the patio stones needed should be about 1.5 a piece at a local hardware store.

The price for the new liner and install (400) is really good.

$1100 for a filter system and installation !!! Way way way to high!

And why a backhoe? all they should really need is a bobcat, but even so 300 is a fair price to rent.

However you can by new installed for less than you are paying to move an old pool! Not only that but if any pieces are needed depending upon who made the pool, new parts are very hard o come by and expensive!

Well I said backhoe, but I don't know what they would use, he told my DH that it would be about 300, but that is our respsonsibility.

I agree with your final paragraph. It will be cheaper and better overall to buy a new pool and get it installed in the spring, and that is what we were planning anyway, so I think that is what we will do.

Are you an installer in SE PA by any chance?

Seems high to me. We had an above-ground at our old house. We had planned on moving it. The company that installed it, Aloha Pools, was going to charge us $1500 to move it and install it on our new property. The pool ended up being part of the deal for selling our house. We installed a new pool at our new house, 27ft, wedding cake stairs, light, big pump - don't know details -hubby's area, installation, etc. for about $6000.

Oh and shouldn't we use a gorilla pad or whatever under the liner and on top of the sand?

Other things I have thought about include: patio stone to go around the outside of the pool, and weed cover underneath that. Cover and pump to clear water off of that. Automatic vacuum for inside pool. And then the deck!

At this point I am thinking he just doesn't want to do the job and so he is pricing it high.

Oh and shouldn't we use a gorilla pad or whatever under the liner and on top of the sand?

Other things I have thought about include: patio stone to go around the outside of the pool, and weed cover underneath that. Cover and pump to clear water off of that. Automatic vacuum for inside pool. And then the deck!

DH built our deck (which is huge) - material cost (no labor) was about $6500.

No way would I pay that kind of money for a pool that is 10 years old! My mom just bought her 30' and paid $3800 for it and added a 14 x 24 deck with a 4' walkway all the way around it...of course, that monstrosity set her back $6000 in itself! :rotfl2:

I agree with your final paragraph. It will be cheaper and better overall to buy a new pool and get it installed in the spring, and that is what we were planning anyway, so I think that is what we will do.

Are you an installer in SE PA by any chance?

The spring part, I would do it now. It is usually cheaper at the end of season. Not only that but it will be in when summer starts next year. If you wait and we have a really rainy spring do not be surprised at all if the pool does not go up before the 4th of July!! (If you do want to wait Jan/ Feb good time to buy, or put 08 Model on layaway now!)

As for the last question. Pm me :)

Oh and the foam for the bottom. Yes its a good idea. I think I would do the wall 1st before I would do the floor. But there are complete pakages for wall, floor and cove that you can get!

Thanks to the responders. I did some additional searching on the web and will also visit a couple of local pool stores to get some better ideas of what I can expect with brand new.

If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free.

Curious as to what dealing with one of these pools in the winter is like. condsidering one for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter